News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Picking colors and wedding gowns...

Started by stellinacadente, August 23, 2010, 04:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellinacadente

Wao... you guys got really wild while I was looking  :D

Will post new links (that work) to gowns  soon I hope :)

Meanwhile... the Klingon wedding is such an trashy and intriguing idea  :mrgreen:
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Opsa

stellinacadente

Quote from: Opsanus tau on September 30, 2010, 06:51:20 PM
I read the other day that people are even doing Shakespeare in Klingon.

Oh...dear... lord....

whatever happened to a nice tradistional weddingg??? ;D
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Aggie

Like mine?  :mrgreen:

First I had to hold a black screen in front of my face when walking in to keep the ghosts from getting jealous ('cos I'm too handsome ::)). Then my mother-in-law traded her daughter for a wooden duck.  I didn't say a word during the ceremony, but got to have a snack and do a shot, and there were live chickens under the altar (not sacrificed, in case you are wondering).  Afterwards, the private family part of the ceremony - we poured some shots for our parents, I piggybacked the bride around the room and my parents threw dates and chestnuts at us to see how many sons and daughters we'd have - 13 total.

Yes, traditional weddings are very beautiful and sedate, aren't they?  ;)
WWDDD?

stellinacadente

Quote from: Aggie on October 01, 2010, 05:09:31 AM
Like mine?  :mrgreen:

First I had to hold a black screen in front of my face when walking in to keep the ghosts from getting jealous ('cos I'm too handsome ::)). Then my mother-in-law traded her daughter for a wooden duck.  I didn't say a word during the ceremony, but got to have a snack and do a shot, and there were live chickens under the altar (not sacrificed, in case you are wondering).  Afterwards, the private family part of the ceremony - we poured some shots for our parents, I piggybacked the bride around the room and my parents threw dates and chestnuts at us to see how many sons and daughters we'd have - 13 total.

Yes, traditional weddings are very beautiful and sedate, aren't they?  ;)

:bwa: what tradition is that??? :)

Aggie

Korean - here are some random web photos, but not of us (although some are quite likely at the same venue - we had those dancers):

We are pursuing a non-traditional western divorce (i.e. no lawyers or screaming matches) at the moment. ;) :P ::)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Rolling on floor laughing, but not at your divorce. Just at your answer to traditional weddings. Fantastic. I'll bet those traditions date back to way before the western ones.

stellinacadente

Quote from: Aggie on October 01, 2010, 01:40:26 PM
We are pursuing a non-traditional western divorce (i.e. no lawyers or screaming matches) at the moment. ;) :P ::)

I had a semi-traditional western one (divorce that is).... no lawyers , but lots and lots of screaming matches... thinking back it was was to hire the lawyer instead :D

Aggie

Quote from: Opsanus tau on October 01, 2010, 04:10:11 PM
Rolling on floor laughing, but not at your divorce. Just at your answer to traditional weddings. Fantastic. I'll bet those traditions date back to way before the western ones.

It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I got to experience it.  Think of it as extreme tourism, maybe.... ;D 

Anyways, I got married twice already - the mistake was that it was the same bride both times.  But it does save on divorce costs. :ROFL:
WWDDD?

Opsa

:ROFL:

I'd hate to see what a Klingon divorce looks like!  :o

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

[NerdMode]
If it has something to do with the succession of command in Klingon ships it may be a bloody and definite affair...
[/NerdMode]
;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.