News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Was Jesus from Gallifrey?

Started by beagle, May 04, 2008, 04:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Ah, the baddy of last resort, after:

Upper class Englishman
Nazi
Russian
Anyone Middle Eastern or with a suntan and moustache
CIA
The angels have the phone box

pieces o nine

Sooo...according to heretical accounts, JC had a daughter.

According to my   *cough* acquired  *cough*   copy of yesterday's UK-released Dr Who, he has a daughter as well. We'll see if her name was 'Sarah the Egyptian'...

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Quote from: pieces o nine on May 11, 2008, 03:00:26 AM
According to my   *cough* acquired  *cough*   copy of yesterday's UK-released Dr Who, he has a daughter as well. We'll see if her name was 'Sarah the Egyptian'...

Managed to convince iPlayer you're in the Thames Valley have you ;) ?  The Dr would be proud.

Jenny apparently. Nice name, (as long as your last name isn't Taylor).  Good job she wasn't called Boo.

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 11, 2008, 09:37:46 AM
... and a granddaughter, iirc. Their mothers seem to be unknown.

This one's mother resembled a badly plumbed in tumble dryer. But you don't get to choose your parents. And it (she?) did a good job.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on May 11, 2008, 04:05:09 PM
But you don't get to choose your parents.

Not sure one gets to choose one's children either.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

So Pieces,  what did you make of the Agatha Christie Who?  I thought it was rather amusing, but some of the critics here were a bit sniffy.

pieces o nine

I liked it. Like her books, it was a charming little caper.  :)

#199 should be magically appearing in my pc some time tomorrow...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

beagle

Sadly, unless you have a friend in BBC production that's unlikely. This weekend it was displaced by the unparalleled horror that is the Eurovision Song Contest. Pray (if appropriate) that your PC is smart enough not to try and supply that.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on May 25, 2008, 08:51:27 PM
Sadly, unless you have a friend in BBC production that's unlikely. This weekend it was displaced by the unparalleled horror that is the Eurovision Song Contest. Pray (if appropriate) that your PC is smart enough not to try and supply that.

Score ten for Planet Eurovision. Even the Good Doctor cannot save humanity from such creatures.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Britain and Germany took the last place jointly

beagle

I think I last watched it about 1973 (look, I was 13, it was too wet to go out, and we all make mistakes).  This morning I fell about laughing because there was a bit in the paper saying how we should not attend because it was all politically rigged.  As I recall it was always a straw poll on which countries hated which other countries the least at any given time.

In the entire history of the thing has any band but Abba ever been heard of again?

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 26, 2008, 09:08:38 AM
Britain and Germany took the last place jointly

Des landes ohne schlechte musik?

pieces o nine

Quote from: Griffin NoName
Quote from: beagle

Score ten for Planet Eurovision. Even the Good Doctor cannot save humanity from such creatures.
Gak!

Where is the "sonic" screwdriver when you need one...

Swatopluk

prediction: as long as the current rules stand there will be always a Eastern European winner or at least Eastern Europe filling the front positions.

beagle

To be honest, I think I can bear the prospect with a certain degree of equanimity.

Swatopluk

If they sing in their home tongue there is at least a chance that we won't understand the text (can only be called a mercy)