News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

This year's UK kids' fame results are in

Started by beagle, December 17, 2007, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

here

The Queen and Harry Potter have taken the lead over God, and in a surprise move Simon Cowell has pushed Jesus into sixth place. The only politician to scrape into the top ten is the Tory Leader, showing all that extra money spent on education is finally paying off.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

How about rugger players beating out footballers? Does this mean the entire next generation will be upper-middle-class, and we should sell our shares in bling suppliers now?

Griffin NoName

Without wishing to sound offensive, is it likely that the entire next generation of Luton will be upper-middle-class?  Any more than TC will be the next prime minister however well liked by some people.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 18, 2007, 12:15:31 AM
Without wishing to sound offensive, is it likely that the entire next generation of Luton will be upper-middle-class?

It happened in Clapham.

Any more than TC will be the next prime minister however well liked by some people.

TC?   Top Cat?

Swatopluk

I am actually surprised that Santa was behind God in name recognition ;)
And where is Satan?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

I don't think they tend to major on Satan to the under-tens. It leads to too much global warming due to lights having to be left on all night.

They don't tell them about Michael Jackson either.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on December 18, 2007, 12:25:35 AM
It happened in Clapham.

Not exactly. The indiginous population just started selling more interesting merchandise ;)

TC?  Tony Cameron ;D

We have another one now. TC. Tony Clegg.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

I thought Satan was the Prince of insufficient lighting ;D

Sibling Chatty

Satan's darkness. Phil, from Heck, not Hell, is insufficient lighting, and he's got a ptichspoon, not a pitchfork.

There really needs to be a flowchart on all this How are we mere mortals supposed to keep up with it all?
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

Yeah, Scott Adams tried Satan, Prince of Darkness first but too many papers refused. Even with Phil some had problems. That may be the reason Phil has not been seen for some time and we now see Mordac more often.

Sibling Chatty

I love Phil...

Do y'all have those little plastic fast-food sporks (spoon/fork combo, also know in proper silverware terms as ice cream forks)?

I always pick them up and poke Dan and say "Phil's around here somewhere, so why are the lights so bright?" This has gotten laughter from other Dilbert fans in various public places...
This sig area under construction.

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 19, 2007, 12:39:16 AM
We have another one now. TC. Tony Clegg.

He's announced himself atheist in an obvious attempt to split the Tory/atheist vote.
Won't work.  Most Tories think you should turn up at christenings, wedding and funerals, and keep any doubts to yourself.  Also, you need some sort of moral framework to keep the servants in order. ;)

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Well it was the worst kept secret since the HMRC computer discs.
Perhaps if they make him a saint GB can ask for a miracle.

According to the Torygraph we'll all be either Muslims or Catholics before long.
Wish they'd make up their mind which; it's very inconvenient not knowing which book to brush up on.

Griffin NoName

Wouldn't it work better if we had a saint for PM?

168,000 more people have been lost I hear. This time it's their health that's out there. Care in the Community?

I think the Torygraph may be wrong on that prediction.
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

The C of E still claim to be in the lead, but I reckon they're including everyone that turns up at  jumble sales and vicarage garden parties.

The Torygraph had cartoon with a husband saying to his wife "Apparently by 2015 I'll be obese and you'll be Polish".

Griffin NoName

Yeh, probably takes longer than that to become obese and polish.
Psychic Hotline Host