News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish Thought of the Day

Started by Opsa, September 25, 2006, 11:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I got to play Anna Leonowens in a community theater production of "The King and I" this past summer, and here's my favorite line:

"The Bible was not written by men of science, but by men of faith. It was their explanation of the miracle of creation- which is the same miracle, whether it took place in six days, or many centuries."

Opsa

Yoo hoo! I think that Aggie was mentioning this thread up in the new question by Bob 0'Q.

Ageis

The man who first placed a fence around a piece of land and said to his neighbours "This is mine" and had them believe him. That man created our modern society.

Sibling DavidH

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

The Meromorph

When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Yogi Berra.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

A little thread necromancy here... this was worth passing along, I thought.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

MORAL :
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

A million thanks, dear Sibling Bob!  I needed to hear this.  :-*

pieces o nine

As kibg as life is just shoveling *dirt*...     ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

Aggie

Quote from: pieces o nine on November 15, 2012, 06:25:56 PM
As kibg as life is just shoveling *dirt*...     ;)

Alignment error; check position of right hand. ;)

kLiObNG
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

...clearly, i was channeling a Klingon...   ^    ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Aggie, you are brilliant. I thought P09 was channeling a Klingon too.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
--Douglas Adams

Pachyderm

"We'll be saying a big hello to all intelligent lifeforms everywhere and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys."

Douglas Adams
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....