News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish Thought of the Day

Started by Opsa, September 25, 2006, 11:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I love that. It's so ...nonconclusive!

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

"Practical people would be more practical if they would take a little more time for dreaming."
-- J. P. McEvoy

I'm back..

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

"There can be no real freedom without the freedom to fail."

- Erich Fromm

I'm back..

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

A thought courtesy of Kurt Vonnegut, who passed away today:

"I've had a hell of a good time. I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around and don't let anybody tell you any different."

Opsa

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I think I've read almost every book he ever wrote!!!!!

Okay, I'm in mourning.

I see some red frogurt and I want to paint it black.

"Lucky me, lucky mud!"
-from Kurt Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle"

ivor

*Kurt Vonnegut,  I will miss you.  ;D

Opsa

We visited Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson last week. It was beautiful there, with the dogwoods in bloom.

Jefferson was an interesting person. He was very big on religious tolerance and the idea that religion should not interfere with government. Too bad this idea is being glossed over today in this country.

A quote:

"I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Dowse, 1803. ME 10:378

ivor

That's a great quote.  Here's another:

"If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it."

Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Lewis, Jr., May 9, 1798

Some other quotes.

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Thomas_Jefferson/

I wonder what he would think about the world of today?

Opsa

Ah, there are some great ones. Thank you, MB.

If TJ were alive today, he'd still be speaking up.

"Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day."

-Thomas Jefferson

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."

Frank Zappa - Packard Goose

I'm back..

Griffin NoName

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Bernard Meltzer
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

"Let the streams of life flow in peace. Turn away from violence. learn to think for a long time how to change the world.  How to make it better to live in."
-Quetzalcoatl

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I think people should walk barefoot. It's much more healthier. For example, every time I wake up with my shoes on, I have a terrible headache all day long, not to forget the terrible thirst...

I'm back..

Opsa

I am barefoot as often as possible. Recently I've discovered those "Croc" shoes, which are uglier than home-made sin, but are the next best thing to being unshod short of flip-flops.

When I wear them to the grocery store I feel like I'm breaking the rules.  ;D

Aggie

Heh, it's been a while since I was barefoot in a grocery store - about 7 years, I think...
WWDDD?