News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruder Cuzzen

Wot !

Thet Roy Huntarr be har , tharr goest thee nayborhood ARGH !

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bruder Cuzzen

Ahoy Stillmaster , oi be trying to ketchup on all thee latest threads .

I've just been reading about the Australian bush fires at Wikipedia , I couldn't bear to finish reading the article .
What a hellish situation .
I can only hope it rains , good and plentiful at that .

Bluenose

Well, BC, we have our own  fire thread here: http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/index.php?topic=1820.0

You reckon it looks hellish from the other side of the Pacific pond, from where I was standing you aint just whistlin' Dixie, I can tell you...  And the worst is, it's not over yet. we're all just waiting for the Dandenongs (mountains to the east of melbourne) to go up.  The whole place is like a tinder box and all it takes is a hot day, a stiff breeze and a spark and all hell wiill break loose again.  :o
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Wishing you two weeks of steady drizzle, Blue ol' pal.

BC, delighted to have you back.

Welcome RB!

Pachyderm

Quote from: Darlica on February 16, 2009, 05:49:53 PM
Me, *bashes my eyelashes* would I do something as devilish water beagle's rum?  :o
Oh yes, I would do something even worse!

I'll just mix it all into a huge batch of girly-drinks! :mua:

:D ;)

Nasty. Very nasty. But funny.

I now have visions of BB staring in dismay at a battered pewter tankard, froth bubbling over the side, and a little cocktail umbrella tipped at a jaunty angle.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

Plastic umbrellas would dissolve in the favoured drink of my teenage years, Carlsberg Special.
The angels have the phone box

Pachyderm

Carlsberg Special was known amongst us as "Cringe Brew", due to the variety of interesting faces people pull when drinking it.

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

I used to like Carlsburg Elephant, but that was back when my stomach still had it's iron lining.

roystonoboogie

Back when my dad was young (and dinosaurs roamed the earth), if you were taking a girl out to impress her you would take her to a hip, cosmopolitan restaurant where they served exotic imported beers like... Carlsberg Special Brew.

My dad drank it for years before it attracted its negative reputation (as did my mum to a lesser extent). So, in a nutshell, my dad wooed my mum with 'wreck the hoose juice'. How classy is that?

Bruder Cuzzen

Do they still make that stuff ?

* bleeeeck ...ughhhhh...arrrrgh*

beagle

Looking back from this distance I can't remember (unsurprisingly) exactly why I drank it. Probably it was partly the "My drink is stronger than yours" teenage thing, and partly that compared to the other concoctions available in Surrey in the 70s (Watneys, Party Seven etc) at least it didn't taste like it had already been drunk once.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: roystonoboogie on February 20, 2009, 03:07:42 PM
My dad drank it for years before it attracted its negative reputation (as did my mum to a lesser extent).......

Welcome. Terrific to have a conversion newcomer arrive.

But, a little puzzled - why did your mum attract negative attention?  they expect me to keep things shipshape here so I have to ask you to clarify;)

Quote from: beagle on February 15, 2009, 06:51:40 PM
Welcome.  I'm probably not someone you recognize as haven't been around TOP for a few years

Doesn't that make you feel just soooooooo OLD ?    :P
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 21, 2009, 10:40:10 PM
Doesn't that make you feel just soooooooo OLD ?    :P

I was 'round when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain ...

Oops. Thought I was in the lyrics game for a moment.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.