News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on March 17, 2008, 05:39:58 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 17, 2008, 05:14:17 PM
Aaaaaaaar!! And it be St Patrick's Day !!!

Aye-- I'd completely forgot!

I must change into me green workshirt, instead'o the blue one.

Just in case!  ::)
Uh-oh... here come the green lobster pinchers of doooooom....!

Welcome darkcitymedia, Noodledemon and Anthrochild! 

pieces o nine

Noodledemon!
Brace yerself fer sivil discorse, man.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

DaveL

YArrrr...

Greetings to youse new people. Welcome to our humble abode mateys!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Bluenose

Welcome from the antipodes Antipodes*, Noodledemon and Anthrochild!

Please don't fret about the clutter in the corner behind the sofa, the Monastery has a certain "lived in" feel about it.  Of course, if you want to throw out the trash, be our guest!  :giggle:

Edit:

* I simply cannot allow myself to be out pedanted by Pachy.  I have a reputation to uphold...  8)
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Pachyderm

*pedant hat on*

Not sure you are at the antipodes for them. Not sure where ND is, but guessing AC is where AB is, in the USA. You are at the antipodes for UK Toadfish.

Had you written Antipodes, as far as I know, that would have meant Oz and Kiwiland. (legacy of Empire, don'tcha know)

*pedant hat off*  ::)

*crash helmet on* :D

I'll get me coat.

(Welcome all, anyway)
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aggie

Hang about, isn't Australia (roughly) diametrically opposite from North & America, not Europe?  I always thought it was...   if not, then what is antipodal to N & A? 

WWDDD?

Perna de Pau

Hello,

I came from the FSM Disciples and I am still not familiar with this environment.

Since leaving venganza I have been posting in the CoG, but there is much too spam over there, although the atmosphere is friendly.

However I still consider myself a Pastafarian

Perna de Pau

goat starer

Hi! we get no spam to speak of (unless you count all of beagles posts which are blatant advertising for the Conservative Party in the UK and the Daily Telegraph) and are very friendly (most of the time).

welcome. make yourself at home and i hope you enjoy your stay.

Goat
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

DaveL

Hi Perna,

Most of us are ex or current FSM-sters from the discussion forum. Toadfish is our new home, although some still inhabit both sites.

Glad you made it over here. We are a very friendly bunch and don't take ourselves too seriously.  Well especially if you like Pirates, where role play and acting silly are the 2 main ingredients.

Welcome aboard!!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Pachyderm

Bluenose, my most humble apologies. I must castigate my old geography teacher.

In vernacular British English and Irish English, "The Antipodes" is sometimes used to refer to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, and "Antipodeans" to their inhabitants. Strictly speaking, the antipodes of Great Britain and Ireland are in the Pacific Ocean, south of New Zealand. The antipodes of Australia are in the North Atlantic Ocean, while parts of Spain, Portugal, and Morocco are antipodal to New Zealand.

Most of the USA (tiny bit of Alaska isn't) is antipodal with water, but some of Canada and Greenland is antipodal with Antartica.

*puts pedant hat in bin*
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

Welcome, Perna. Please feel free to explore the grounds and chime in wherever you like.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Well Come Perna de Pau.

Most of those here (as you already know by now) are also of TOP (The Other Place--meaning FSM forum).

We are unctuously polite No Matter What, even if we do not always agree with one another. 

Makes for a nice atmosphere-- but sometimes I miss the drag-it-through-the-mud yelling....  ::)  Ahh well, there are other outlets for those sorts of behaviors. :)

Poke about, look around-- anything you can see you are welcome to comment in/on.

We're always appreciative of New Points of View.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Indeed, Perna. Welcome.

I refer to myself as a Pastafarian occasionally, but I've long since left Venganza. So you shan't be in any trouble, I think. Just be aware that some of us have...opinions...about Bo(o)(b)by Henderson, myself included.

You'll like it here, I think. We get along most of the time, whether or not we agree with each other. And we have an awful lot of fun.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Opsa

We do have a pirate insult thread and a vent, in case you need to air out the ol' bile valve.

Griffin NoName

Welcome Perna de Pau.

Join in !

We eat spam before it hits the boards. At least, I think it goes in the fish-head-stew.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand