News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Greetings Robert.

Ye can request pirate status (instead of being an OWLet) if ye want but ye need to find the right thread :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Welcome Cap'n Mason -- I see you've been given a great deal of free advice already aloing with the welcomes!

An update to your daily fic was the first bit I read upon returning after a bout of hacker-cide; may I offer a virtual cone-yak in thanks for it.
:beer:

(Why this round of cone-yaks has a head is beyond me, but there it is...)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

homebrewhydro

Hiya

Pretty cool forum.  I came here to check out a referral i'd seen in my home hydroelectric project site logs.  It's always interesting to see where people come in from and this message was in the logs:

http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/index.php?topic=2485.msg119272;topicseen

Sadly I can't read it due to it either being restricted or perhaps deleted.  Anyway i'm checking out the rest of the site. 

-Zachary in Oregon

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Welcome! Yep, I believe that's in a restricted area. Hang around for a while, though, and it'll open to you. :)
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling DavidH

Welcome, Zach!  Sorry you can't yet reach the thread you want, but why not hang around and join in? We're  quite harmless  :mrgreen:  and often good fun.

Aggie

Hi Zachary - Welcome to the Toadfish Monastery!

We are brainstorming in a non-public area of the forum about off-the-grid living (generally), and one of our members posted a link to Home Brew Hydro as an example. I had a look around your site, and there's some good inspiration there for the DIY'er. I might bother you with a few questions (eventually) since you are around. :)

Feel free to have a rummage around anywhere you like in the Monastery; we get up to quite a broad range of things here, from games and silliness to some rather more serious stuff.  If we don't have a thread for any particular area of discussion, feel free to start one!
WWDDD?

Opsa

Hello Zach!

I hope you'll come back and post some more. We have a nice assortment of thinking people here, many of whom are interested in the greener living sciences as well as in peaceful tolerance.

Griffin NoName

Welcome Zach. Nice to know some folk follow links!  but sorry it's a restricted topic, at least until you have been around a while here. Hope you find things of interest,
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

G'day Zach from the Land Downunder, hope you decide to stay around!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Pachyderm

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

homebrewhydro

Quote from: Aggie on November 22, 2010, 04:49:33 PM
Hi Zachary - Welcome to the Toadfish Monastery!

We are brainstorming in a non-public area of the forum about off-the-grid living (generally), and one of our members posted a link to Home Brew Hydro as an example. I had a look around your site, and there's some good inspiration there for the DIY'er. I might bother you with a few questions (eventually) since you are around. :)

Feel free to have a rummage around anywhere you like in the Monastery; we get up to quite a broad range of things here, from games and silliness to some rather more serious stuff.  If we don't have a thread for any particular area of discussion, feel free to start one!

Groovy.  Please don't hesitate to ask.  I've been off the grid most of my life so I'm kind of used to it.  The hydro system sure has made a huge difference though, especially in winter when the solar panels are basically useless

thanks and hi everyone else. 

Opsa

I'd love to hear more about it. Maybe you could post about it in our On the Beach Environmental Harmony thread.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Opsa