News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on January 04, 2010, 08:57:10 AM
Quote from: Lindorm on January 02, 2010, 09:29:20 AM
Well, what do you expect when you strut around in a smoking jacket before noon?  :stick:  ;D

Beagle's law applies. The sun is always over the yardarm somewhere.

Shouldn't that be the metrearm nowadays?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Quite right, quite right.

If the smoking jacket isn't part of our monastic garb, might I suggest we implement it's inclusion immediately? I'm dying for a cigar.

Aggie

I've got a smoking jacket - with many burns from charcoal sparks while stoking the smoker. ;)
WWDDD?

edd

Hello again, all. Thought I would re-introduce myself since it's been a while since my last visit. (Looking back at the few posts I did make here, I realize that the only info I imparted was that I sometimes experience technical difficulties when joining forums.)

I plan on taking some moments to acclimatize myself by perusing more than a few threads, but promise to contribute when I think I have something meaningful to add. I have eclectic interests so I may jump around a bit and I have a tendency to wax verbose (for which I apologize in advance), but I am really rather amiable.

Griffin NoName

Most of us can wax verbose - usually amiably - though the odd rant requires length and animosity most often in the direction of Microsquish.

Good to see you back.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

Hey Edd, it's good to see you over here.  I still drop in on your Tavern pretty often.

Aggie

Quote from: edd on February 02, 2010, 03:42:58 AMI have eclectic interests so I may jump around a bit and I have a tendency to wax verbose (for which I apologize in advance), but I am really rather amiable.

No need to apologize, verbose is one of the healthiest sugars out there and IMHO important for proper mental functioning.
WWDDD?

Opsa

Agreed, and I must say that's quite a dashing smoking jacket you have there. Makes me wanna go find the Talk Like a Landlubber thread again in the pirate section.

edd

Quote from: DavidH on February 02, 2010, 10:24:48 AM
Hey Edd, it's good to see you over here.  I still drop in on your Tavern pretty often.

So you're the one.

Seriously, though, thanks. It's coming along slowly but I'm happy with it.

Quote from: Agujjim on February 02, 2010, 03:31:52 PM
No need to apologize, verbose is one of the healthiest sugars out there and IMHO important for proper mental functioning.
Which is why I still enjoy my Loquacious Smacks® on Saturday mornings.

nefyuBB

ummmmmmm
sumtimes i go to tha tarvern
maybe 2 times
i fink

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: nefyuBB on February 19, 2010, 12:33:08 AM
ummmmmmm
sumtimes i go to tha tarvern
maybe 2 times
i fink

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I fink you may be goin' to tha bar a weeeeee bit too much.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling DavidH

Hallo, Nefyu!  Isn't it time you put that hat on straight?

Darlica

Hi nefyuBB!

Good to see you again!
Pleas tell you uncle BC that we miss him too!

:hug::piratetoadfish: :hug:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on February 19, 2010, 05:28:47 AM
I fink you may be goin' to tha bar a weeeeee bit too much.

Ayuh, an I hear he gos wee on the bar after a few, too....
WWDDD?