News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Neutral would be Minobous (not minibus), gender determined by article (in classical Greek)
For a virginal female one one could say Minodamalis

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

I could say all sorts of things, but it is probably better if I don't.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Bluenose

Quote from: En_Route on August 19, 2013, 11:25:26 PM
Quote from: Bluenose on August 18, 2013, 11:13:12 PM
Welcome En-Route, glad you made your way over here.  I'll not offer any advice different from that of my fellow siblings, except to say, be careful of the moat, the squidlings can be tricksey at times.  Oh, and the unwary have sometimes become lost in the catacombs...

Spiffing to re-encounter you too and thank you for the heads-ups on the
hazards to be avoided or possibly embraced.

Oh, we definitely believe in embracing the hazards!

Sibling Bluenose

'Ere, doan be lissennin ter tha' Sibling Bluenose, 'e be a roight pillock, an no mistake!  Come on ova ter me shippe han be 'avin a point er too o' Cap'n's Delight XO wot eye been 'avin kept fer speshul hoccaishuns an' all.  

Yer newe mate,
Cap'n Bluenose
:yar: :toast:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

...oh, and watch out for Cap'n Bluenose's Captain's Delight, as it be hazardous, as well. Just sayin'.

RobertMason

Technically I'm not new, but it has been a long, long while since last I came here.

Although, for some reason, both of the stories that I posted in the Art Gallery are still on the front page.   :)

Anyway, in light of my extended absence I thought that I should come re-introduce myself for the benefit of everybody that came after me and everybody that forgot that I came at all (so, between those two groups, probably just "everybody").

In the meantime I've gone and served a two-year proselyting mission for the LDS Church, and now I'm back.

At least for the first little while I'll probably just run around the Art Gallery (and that's most likely where I'll be most active even after the busy parts of my life get not-so-busy). Hope nobody minds, and if anyone has any particular story ideas that they'd like to see turned into something then I'll take a look over and see what I can do.

I don't claim to be anything good but it's not like I'm charging (heck, I should probably pay you, what with giving me a new idea, but I'm poor so...). I just like writing, and it's more likely to please at least one person if somebody requested it.
Whitemarbleblock.blogspot.com

Stories, story ideas, and other things usually having to do with stories.

Swatopluk

Well, I mostly write for my own enjoyment too. Not much of a market, I'd presume, for my stuff. Those who like the old metres will inevitable prefer the original old stuff not my imitations.

Griffin NoName

Welcome back! Always good to have wanderers return. I'm sure you will be able to run around the Art Gallery provided the squidlings aren't nesting there. Good to have a ghost writer - will you finish my MSc dissertation for me?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Hi RobertMason! I thought I saw you in here the other day.

RobertMason

Quote from: Swatopluk on December 07, 2013, 06:37:31 AM
Well, I mostly write for my own enjoyment too. Not much of a market, I'd presume, for my stuff. Those who like the old metres will inevitable prefer the original old stuff not my imitations.

There's a market for everything! Only problem is how many people who would like it are aware.

7 billion people on the planet. Some of them have got to like it.

At least, that's what keeps my own hopes alive.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 07, 2013, 08:16:07 AM
Good to have a ghost writer - will you finish my MSc dissertation for me?

Sadly, I don't think that I'm permitted to do that... :D

Aggie

Welcome back!  I'm looking forward to your stories returning to our little corner of the sea. :)
WWDDD?

Bruder Cuzzen

Ahoy Robert , welcome back ! I wonder what your old avatar was ?
Don't tell me please .
I love a riddle .
I' ll PM you my guesses after a good look through old posts , i hope you posted enough material so i have a sporting chance . ;D

RobertMason

Unfortunately, I don't think that I did.

All of my posts are in the Art Gallery, IIRC.

Almighty Doer of Stuff

EDIT: selfediting hold on

EDIT 2: Trying to calm down a bit...

Hello!

Someone invited me here a few years ago but I never posted until today. Might have been Qwertyuiopasd. I came back today to see if I could find more info on poor Pieces O' Nine.

I was around for the Great Schism but I didn't realize it was happening because I was still acclimating to the FSM forum dynamic. I find most of the regulars over there are nice people, and even Capellini has mellowed out dramatically in recent years. She was a fair, if brusque, administrator until she stepped down, after several years of infrequent visits due to her education schedule. I believe Black Bart is the new chief administrator which everyone was thrilled to hear, although he seems to be having a poor time with mesothelioma, so I don't know what's going to happen to the community if he goes too. His posts are increasingly rare, which makes me nervous because he's a swell guy.

Anyway, most of the nasty ones have left. The only nasty one left is Daftbeaker, but he's a likeable nasty one.

I wear an FSM pendant around my neck, because I like the character, the stories, and the community that built around it, but I dislike Bobby Henderson. Somebody stole a jolly roger I designed, featuring my then-insignia which was my stylized nose, and put it on a sheep husbandry textbook somewhere in Eastern Europe. (It had a sheep skull on it.) He posted it on the main page. I asked him to take it down due to copyright infringement and he ignored my emails for a few weeks, before I got Qwertyuiopasd involved. Bobby just credited me for "the awesome pirate flag!" I didn't want a credit, I wanted it removed. Jerk.

I'm making myself upset now. *breathes deeply*

I'm an aspiring novelist/poet, and some of my poetry can be found on my personal website: http://ados.ermarian.net/ None of my recent non-poetic fiction, nor my more recent poetry, can be found there, though. I'm trying to save it for profitable publishing now.

I'm an atheist, as in I don't believe in any form of deity. I'm not a hardline atheist who ardently believes that there absolutely is no deity, it's absolutely impossible, etc. though. More or less, I just don't care. Until and unless I can see supernatural stuff affecting me directly, I don't see the need to worry about it.

I absolutely hate the God of Abraham as depicted literally in the holy texts of the Abrahamic religions, and I especially hate the prophet Mohammed, for reasons which may be rude to detail here in my first post. Unfortunately, while I don't have a problem with offending the obnoxious types, sometimes my sarcasm hurts the feelings of otherwise friendly Christians, Muslims, or other religious people, which is something I hope to work on to a certain extent. I don't dislike Christians, Muslims, or other religious people themselves necessarily, because I know people tend to whitewash their own religions in their minds to suit their own beliefs, even if it conflicts with the standards of the organization. But I find it hard to restrain my loathing for anyone who condones cruelty to children or other innocents. I know this place is about peace and understanding, but if I have to handwave cruelty in the name of keeping the peace, I don't want to be here.

Please tell me I don't have to engage in apologetics, as long as I love the sinner, hate the sin, as some Christians say, because you seem like nice people and I could use some friendliness in my life.

Also, I like dragons a whole lot.  :dragon:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!