News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Vertical Challenge

Started by Griffin NoName, August 23, 2007, 03:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I've put in a lot more research today on this project.

More or less cracked the overall plan for the (initial) ramp (idea).

Have to work out how long the ramp bit is up to the start of the jumping off platform ;)

Then I have to email all the rug people to ask how thick their rugs are for the woolly additions.

I was so excited I've extended my plans to a total woolly ramp round all sides; to be called the Woolly Ramp Bed Collar. This will include three sided ramping to a long platform at the foot of the bed for resting before approaching the bed volting ramp and an optional additional side ramp. I've even found some cheap rugs which will add to the trompe l'oeil look:

I don't know why you all are having issues with this - it must be a very common problem ;) ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

For some strange reason the first time I saw your units of measure I was seeing "cubits."  I think it's a sign.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

Are you making your ramps from gopher wood?

Griffin NoName

No. I thought it best not to bring religion into it.

Polyethylene (resistant to all approved household cleaning solutions and corrosion, fully recyclable and 100% environmentally friendly, furthermore the raw material and colour pigments are approved for foodstuffs and do not contain any toxic compounds).

Also, although I think I am supposed to avoid temperatures as high as 300 degrees, I have been assured the fumes are still non-toxic.

I am especially pleased that the ramps will be approved foodstuff. Should help me when marketing the Woolly Ramp range - especially given some people's predelictions in the bedroom.
Psychic Hotline Host

ivor

Yes, you'll have to protect yourself from people suing you after they turn to pillars of salt.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on August 28, 2007, 02:46:35 AM
Yes, you'll have to protect yourself from people suing you after they turn to pillars of salt.

Good way to get a lifetime free supply of salt perhaps.

I am making verticle progress. I have ordered some ramp tiles. ;)

I am also simultaneously working on another verticle issue. I am now so high above my bedside table - upon which sits my much loved reading lamp - that the light don't shine ;)

Searching for a cheap solution (probably the old clip on light I have stashed away somewhere from the 1970's when they first became fashionable - never ever throw anything away) I came across this neat (and seriously expensive) Double Fibre Optic Bedhead Kit solution. ;D  (but note no dimming in USA, dim enough already?)
Psychic Hotline Host

ivor

There's probably a camera hidden inside.  :mrgreen:

Griffin NoName

LOL and her only a wee girl too......

My ramp should arrive tomorrow. Very exciting.

However I am having trouble sourcing the woolly bits. They all come in the wong sizes. I may have to start knitting.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

The Woolly Ramp is in place and works perfectly. A stunningly successful design.

However, the Woollyness is temporary for testing purposes only and I am still having trouble sourcing the required solution.

Marketing Campaign !
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

HeHe. I tried googling flokati carpet tile and got flashytrash.com - site for sale !
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

A marketing niche to be exploited!!

Griffin NoName

:update:

Some of you may be pleased to hear the Woolly Ramp is now fully functional, the perfect woollyness having been found and applied. ;D

I can now approach my bed with delight and a gentle climb.  :goldfish:

I have decided to abandon the original plans for the foot of the bed am searching for a better solution.

I am tempted by one of these delightful bulls but, apart from the expense, am fearful of what might happen in the dark.

EDIT

width 25 cm
  |                              | / 
  ----------------------/

Not much of a drawing. I want a {box} this size. Can be hollow or solid. Immaterial. Width could be slightly more.

Could be wooden but doesn't matter much as long as it is reasonably strong.

The puzzle is to find a word that describes it.  {could be a woolly bull stool with its legs cut off}

The closest I can get is phrases like: foot rest, bath step. But they are all quite a bit bigger than this.

First prize to anyone coming up with a useful phrase to put into google.  :typing:
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty