News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

FireFix, or how I got the latest FireFox to more or less behave...

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, April 05, 2012, 03:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

I have FF portable installed on a thumb drive somewhere, so I can muck about with that first, I suppose, and then upload it to my hard drive and make that my default browser....  or just back up the file first, as you suggest.  Or both... test it out on the portable, and then perform the same operation.

I'm comfortable enough using Word for this... it's analogous to using Excel for editing .csv files (for Exif data, I generally use a text editor to save to .csv, open in Excel, then save to .xls, so I am comfortable enough working with file formats).

I don't have time to poke around with this at the moment, but will let you know what the results are when I do.

WWDDD?

Aggie

Update: I did some poking around, and can't find the search.json file anywhere. :P  Lots of .dll files in there, mostly.
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Well, my "google UK search" thing is working well-- but I haven't located it's files yet.

They've moved everything around so much, that it's all quite confusing, and I cannot seem to correlate the "search uk" add-on with anything I can get at.

I'll keep looking.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

WWDDD?

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Aggie on April 24, 2012, 06:34:08 PM
Yeah, except the IE part. ::)
:giggle: What's wrong with IE? I love viruses, vulnerabilities, and general evilness...
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I said it before in a different thread: it's the condomless version of the internet...
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Roland Deschain

"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Swatopluk

I think this oes not merit a new thread, so I put it here because it is remotely Firefox related:

I use the downloadhelper add-on a lot and most of the time it worked with youtube. But (as happened a few times in the past) now the download does not happen anymore (O bytes downloaded) or stops after 1.7 MB (that seems to be a constant) depending on the selected file from the list. Any idea, whether that has something to do with Firefox, Youtube or the add-on? It is not (like on som other sites where the download is not supported on principle) that the option is not there, it just does not work after the usual selection of path (i.e. where do you want the file on your harddisk).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Youtube is being revamped, even as we speak.

Google is getting ready for the death of Flash, I suspect, as Adobe has announced it's no longer supporting Flash for ...anything really.

Now I have no idea if this is remotely related to the disfunction of Downloadhelper or not, but it might be.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-flash-is-dead-why-html-5-is-thriving-and-why-its-important-for-your-business-to-know-about-it-2011-11
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Looks like a disaster

Had been considering rewriting my windows media player web stuff in Flash, obviously now won't bother, but apparently HTML5 won't cope yet?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand