News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Wow! well done. hope you got lots of clapping.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Quote from: Aggie on March 17, 2014, 04:35:42 AM
Survived my first public solo with the choir.  ;D

Did you get an aha breakthrough moment, where you knew you could do it?

Aggie

I didn't doubt that I could do it, once I threw myself into it.  I just had to practice lots, and be confident that I could handle the part (only a verse in a song, so it was probably ~30 seconds of actual singing).

That being said, it was still SCARY to anticipate it.  In retrospect, it was actually more frightening to sing it for the first time in choir than to perform it on stage.  The house lights were down enough that I couldn't really see the crowd, and just kept focused on the choir director. 

I'm glad I got through it, though...  the big show's tonight and I'm not nearly as nervous, because I know I can do it for sure. I hope the house lights are down again, though... there will be family and friends present.
WWDDD?

Opsa

Aggie

The choir set was our best effort to date, and went well. Made it just fine through the solo, too. 

A splendid time was had by all, and a splendid bit of Irish whiskey and Guinness was had by most. ;)
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Well Done!

I made a hospital appointment. Made 3 different complaints to my bank. May sound daft, but stuff like that is hard for me these days. Completely exhausted by it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Went on a date today, albeit quite a casual one.  We went hiking for about 4 hours.  :)
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

The Gerdalied has now reached 900 stanzas (á 4 verses => 3600 verses).
The goal is still to reach or surpass 1000 stanzas.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 28, 2014, 12:55:36 AM

Shouldn't you be working on it instead of posting here? ;)

(then I get the last post.........)
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 28, 2014, 12:55:36 AM

First goal achieved, One Thousand Stanzas!

Work remains unfinished.

Griffin NoName

So this work is going to be more than 1,000 stanzas?
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Looks like it but I have no idea when (or whether) it will get finished.
I started it as a diversion from the saga (prose, also unfinished) and now I won't exclude the possibility of starting another diversion to keep me for finishing the first diversion. Next step in Latin? Legenda Sancti Uluferi de rubro bove martyrioque apud Oxanfordam?

I already started a song (based on Hiemali tempore from the Carmina Burana)

Proximis sub tenebris
Britannia in vinculis
Diaboli captata
Usque advenit Ulufer
Omnipotentis armiger
deinde liberata
Ipse olim paganus
Serviens ululae
Cepit coronam martyrum
Aemulans Ursulae
Misit bovem sub iugum
Qui fefellit longe totum populum

Edit: just noticed that I posted a bit of that already in the arts thread

Swatopluk

I watched the arrival of 'Havhingsten fra Glendalough' in Berlin.
It's the largest Viking ship yet reconstructed and on visit here in preparation for the large Viking exhibition starting next week.
Currently trying to upload my video attempts from the event to youtube. Will take a while.
Given that it's primarily a photo camera and I have little to no experience recording, the results could have been far worse. Maybe I should one day invest in a cheap camcorder.

Griffin NoName

I have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/flip/b?ie=UTF8&node=405705031 and I love it. It is amazingly easy to use and transfer stuff and gives good results.

The one I have has a flaw in that the battery (rechargeable) cannot be replaced so eventually mine will pack up but after I bought mine versions came out where the battery was removable, so if interested, that's something to check.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

I think I'll go with the same label as my photocamera. Nothing fancy and enough for my rather modest needs and expectations. I do not use more than a tiny fraction of the inbuilt functions. I grew up with a (crappy) camera that had only two parts to deal with, a lever to transport the film and a button to take a picture. Flash was still single-use, I guess magnesium based.