News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roystonoboogie

Currently posting from a tablet, which makes creating links virtually impossible, but when I get back to some vintage 20C hardware with a mouse and a keyboard, I'll post you a YouTube of some Public School Peer of the Realm singing Beatles songs in Latin in the House of Lords, and being told to sit down because you can only use English in the Chamber.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Android or iOS?

Normally in Android you can keep a link or portion of text pressed for a few seconds which will allow you to copy or cut the text in question.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1moat0) on February 27, 2014, 12:06:24 AM
Normally in Android you can keep a link or portion of text pressed for a few seconds which will allow you to copy or cut the text in question.

How do you select the text?

How do you tell it to copy?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on February 27, 2014, 12:06:24 AM
Android or iOS?

If I go to YouTube on my Android, it opens using the YouTube app, so the url is not visible or copyable.

Anyway, it was Derek Enright, I am afraid he was just an MP and not a Lord. He was challenged by Nicholas Fairbairn MP to sing a Beatles song in Latin, so he sang Yellow Submarine. I can't find the video any more, will the page from Hansard do?

Opsa

Hah! I just sang "Habitamus sub vitreo, sub vitreo, sub vitreo" to th'Opsalette and she got it right away. Love it!

Swatopluk

Why are you living under glass? ???
Or did you misunderstand it as 'we are the living underclass' ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

What the f* has it to do with running this country? I might just have tolerated it if it was Michael Gove who was challenged.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: roystonoboogie on February 27, 2014, 02:16:16 PM
If I go to YouTube on my Android, it opens using the YouTube app, so the url is not visible or copyable.
Actually you can copy it, click on the share button and one of the options is copy to clipboard, it will give you the full youtube URL and from that you can take the code.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 27, 2014, 04:13:00 PM
What the f* has it to do with running this country? I might just have tolerated it if it was Michael Gove who was challenged.
Nicholas Fairbairn (pictured) would not take seriously anyone who did not have a decent Classical education. How can you be the right sort of chap to run the country if you can't speak Latin and if you don't wear a cravat.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: roystonoboogie on February 27, 2014, 07:46:28 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 27, 2014, 04:13:00 PM
Nicholas Fairbairn (pictured) would not take seriously anyone who did not have a decent Classical education. How can you be the right sort of chap to run the country if you can't speak Latin and if you don't wear a cravat.

Oh right. Silly me. How about means testing prospective MPs?
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

I passed the 750 stanza mark on my epic (753.5 at the moment)

Opsa

All right Swato! So where are you percentage-wise?

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 13, 2014, 01:49:47 AM
Did you wave as you went by?

Hm, maybe I wavered a bit ;)

Quote from: Opsa on March 12, 2014, 05:57:05 PM
All right Swato! So where are you percentage-wise?

No idea actually. Especially close to 'round' numbers I tend to produce a lot of filler material (dialogue) to get there quickly.
I hope it'll get to 1000 but I do not know, whether that would require more empty filling or will get passed easily before the last gap* is closed.

*I do not write it chronologically or even chapterwise. It's a few stanzas here, a few stanzas there slowly growing together.

Aggie

Survived my first public solo with the choir.  ;D
WWDDD?