News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

Now that is unfair! I recently spent some serious time on google working out what E Raser meant (through a combination of translation, encyclopedias, guesswork and trial and error) and dicovered that E Rasers posts make perfect sense. It is simply that nobody else, english or italian speaking, speaks ERasian.

I now consider myself to be the foremost academic scholar of ERasian.

Prof. Goat

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Whatever happened to ERaser?  Did he ever get an invite to over here?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

goat starer

I have no idea. he is still at TOP posting fairly often (I sometimes suspect all the shennanigans may have passed over his head completely and he is sitting there going "I wonder where auntie Dee Dee is?")

perhaps someone should invite him.

Comrade Goat

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Sibling Chatty

E. was invited, and, I think even registered, but said he was having enough challenge dealing with that format and language situation.

For a person with no appreciable English skills when he first showed up at TOP, he learned quickly. (Our Solipsy showed a great deal of skill in dealing with him, Babelfish and translations. They mode amazing progress with his English skills!) He's also interested in the tscientific topics there, as he is a scientist by training.

I miss E. as well, but he's 'secure' where he is, so we'll have to wait to see if he comes by  to visit.

P.S. I miss Solipsy--a LOT.

This sig area under construction.

Black Bart

I nominate Dave L to go and PM E Razer to tempt him over here.  Dave L is really subtle and diplomatic eg the way he persuaded myself to join the Toadfish was a model of wisdom and subtlety...it went something like:

Mutiny Barty, don't waste yer time with this lot, get over to the Toadfish Monastry NOW!

(Only joking)
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

beagle

Today's unlikely headline is "Tornado hits Kensal Rise".

The weird thing is that it's true.

The angels have the phone box

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Bush's Rummy-replacement Confirmed by vote of 98-2

In an unusual show of bi-partisanship, both the Democrat and the Republican senators confirmed Bush's nomination to replace Rumsfeld, with a vote of 98-2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wait--didn't this actually happen?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on December 07, 2006, 02:33:58 PM
Today's unlikely headline is "Tornado hits Kensal Rise".

The weird thing is that it's true.

Tornado hits Kensal Rise twice in firty years, both in early December

TRUE and even weirder... tho apparently it was only the tail end of a tornado in 1954 to hit Kensal Rise, the centre then being Gunnersbury on Dec 8, one day later than todays. That tornado started one street away from me right on the bank of the Thames and followed the exact root up and across London to Kensal Green that I take if I go there... scary scary... how do Tornados know all the back doubles one needs to take to avoid traffic?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

The Meromorph

Small to moderate size tornados actually do try to follow roads (when their base touches down on one), and also will attempt to turn left at the next junction, and fail to make the turn, and head off at an angle of about 45 degrees from the previous course... :o

Tornados whose base is larger than the road, just go wherever they feel like...  ::)
Dances with Motorcycles.

goat starer

most of the tornados I have experienced recently have been flying much to low over village halls in rural yorkshire!

Giant white horses carved tiny men on hills say scientists

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Black Bart

Unlikely headline, or is it likely headline...

TORNADO STUCK IN TRAFFIC JAM IN HANGER LANE.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

beagle

Quote from: goat starer on December 08, 2006, 04:14:20 PM
most of the tornados I have experienced recently have been flying much to low over village halls in rural yorkshire!

Another excuse to show the famous "piss off Biggles" picture.

The angels have the phone box

goat starer

Welsh farmer "able to write in English" say experts

contrary to widespread belief recent images show Welsh farmers can form basic sentances in English and are even able to use these in context, boffins at Chester University claimed today. Prof Ivor Daftbursary claims that aerial photography had turned up remarkable evidence of language skills in the rural community. "It is too early to rush to remove welsh language road signs or invite a welsh farmer to tea" said the septgenarian academic, "but our findings indicate that the Welsh may one day evolve to a similar state as modern day Englishmen"

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Black Bart on December 08, 2006, 04:14:52 PM
Unlikely headline, or is it likely headline...

TORNADO STUCK IN TRAFFIC JAM IN HANGER LANE.

Nice one.

Do Tornados always spiral in the same direction? What different effects would occur if the Tornado was spirally in the same direction or the opposite direction to the Giratory?

for puzzled non-Londoners, Hanger Lane is known as The Giratory, and as Bart implied it mostly fails to girate
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Iran-Syria-US summit in Warsaw declines services of Putin Catering Inc.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.