News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Strictly spoken there is a border with Russia but it is not on land. Still the distance between Russian and American territory is narrower than twice the extension of territorial waters, so it is a true border legally.
As for the first question, the number of US citizens not knowing with how many countries the US have a land border is shockingly high. According to some studies more than 10%* of US residents (babies not included as far as I know) cannot find the US on a globe or a world map (textfree).

*somewhere between one in five or one in seven.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 11, 2012, 11:39:29 PMAccording to some studies more than 10%* of US residents (babies not included as far as I know) cannot find the US on a globe or a world map (textfree).

maybe they dont exist and it was all a dream
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 11, 2012, 11:39:29 PM...
As for the first question, the number of US citizens not knowing with how many countries the US have a land border is shockingly high. According to some studies more than 10%* of US residents (babies not included as far as I know) cannot find the US on a globe or a world map (textfree).
I must borow the joke I made at TOP earlier:

What?

There are other countries?

;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

In my experience the British copper should never be given any weapon at all.  As night follows day, he will misuse it.

Griffin NoName

They do, don't they. Must be to do with the training.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Not a headline, but the BBC making a strange assertion.

"[Princess] Diana was pregnant with Prince William very very quickly, as was Princess Margaret."

Some sort of quantum pregnancy?
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

ROYAL BABY TO BE NAMED JASON

TRIXIBELLE IF A GIRL

Bluenose

:D I would have gone for Wayne and Kylie...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

Blackadder would have liked that. Queen Quylie ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Shame he died in the end.

Snakes on a Plane is on TV tonight.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

NEW ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY PREACHES SERMON GANGNAM STYLE