News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Griffin NoName on August 16, 2012, 07:00:06 PM
Let's just accept it, apart from this forum, the world is a sh**ty place :mrgreen: :irony:

Also, we are complying with Godwin's Law in only 17 pages.
This is extremely polite by comparison. Most places comply with Godwin's Law within 1 or 2 pages, these days.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I thought it was the law of conservation of misery... :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Roland Deschain

I've been keeping up with that story. It's been covered everywhere, from the serious to the satirical (The Onion). Even Obama came out and commented on it, shooting him down in a sentence. It's people like him who make me very untaddy in relation to my innermost conscious thoughts.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

To me it came over as "stupid" rather than "evil" - ie. some people are so stupid they become evil ;)

Having such in office is scary.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Stupid can be taught.

Evil persists for money and power.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

Well put, Pieces.

What's more worrying is that this belief is said to be widespread among Southern anti-abortion fundamentalists.

pieces o nine

^ It is a widely held belief among fundagelicals of any geographical area. Just another justification for severely restricting (if not outright eliminating) fact-based human reproductive segments of health classes, in order to keep the population ignorant and compliant with harmful policies.

>:(
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Griffin NoName on August 23, 2012, 08:55:35 PM
To me it came over as "stupid" rather than "evil" - ie. some people are so stupid they become evil ;)
The guy is plain evil, even after the storm and after the party asked for his resignation the guy refused, it's all about power, and if to reach it he has to spew stupidity he has no qualms.
--
Too much stupidity according to the polls though, he may lose because of the comment.

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Apparently different to obscenely wealthy.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Given how dreadfully the really rich are treated by the public, they can of course empathize with the commoners
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I bet don't know with which countries the continental US limits, and quite possibly think that there is a border with Russia because, you know, Sarah P. can see it from her house... ::)