News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

iirc, you are referring to the Great Cane Toad Kerfuffle, the notoriety of which spread across the entire world of exotic, illicit drug afficionados.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~ 
At that time I had a co-worker who was deathly afraid of frogs and toads. Affectionately cruel jokes ensued.   :)    She confided that once a toad was sitting on her step; she was unable to get out of her car to enter the house until her husband arrived home and removed it to clear the coast. I suggested she get toad whistles at the local sporting/farm/marine shop.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

I think toads are lovely.  'Toad' is how Wendy and I insult each other when we don't say 'pig'.  ;D

Swatopluk

Wales overturns century old marriage restrictions

Wales (and England) have overturned regulations dating to 1837 that forbade marriages outside the 8am to 6pm window. So, from this October onwards people may marry even in the middle of the night. Northern Ireland keeps the restrictions, Scotland did not have them.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

I had no idea they'd finally repealed that. I wonder why it was put into effect in the first place? ???

I've found a few toads in my parents' garden. A couple have been waylaid by the cat, but one was rescued. The other one was not so lucky. :'(
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Swatopluk

Office hours at the registrar's office were probably a major factor for the law. Dropping the restrictions has something to do with the desire to have the ceremony not at the office but in special places, e.g. museums, other tourist magnets etc. Since mutual interference between wedding participants and regular visitors is to be avoided, the ceremonies have to take place after or before hours, i.e. outside the window given by the old law. At least that was the explanation given in the article.

Sibling DavidH

1837 was the year Queen Victoria came in.  She may have had some sneaky ulterior motive for restricting wedding hours.  Probably connected with toads.  ;D

Roland Deschain

Griffin NoName

I love they raise the issue of air fares.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

The newspapers say the Party don't investigate their members ancestry/history whatever. Goodness knows who their members really are :mrgreen:
:irony:
Personally I always liked the Tooting Popular Front
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on August 14, 2012, 10:31:20 PM
Leader Of Anti-Semitic Party In Hungary Discovers He's Jewish
:duh: :doh!:
Thanks for this, Zono. I have duly spread it around. This made me laugh hard at its irony. If only it would make other members of that party take a closer look at themselves.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Ever heard of South Park? In the Ginger Kids episode, Cartman (the psychopath of the bunch) who hates ginger kids is transformed into one. He is still a power hungry psychopath so instead he decides to organize the gingers to take over.
---
Chances are that a hateful anti-semite will be converted into a hateful semite.  :-\
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Listen to the radical Israeli settlers and replace 'Jew' with 'Aryan' and 'Palestinian' with 'Jew'. Textbook nazism.

Griffin NoName

Let's just accept it, apart from this forum, the world is a sh**ty place :mrgreen: :irony:

Also, we are complying with Godwin's Law in only 17 pages.
Psychic Hotline Host