News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on May 08, 2012, 07:41:38 PM
NOVICE PUKES IN SIBLING'S SHOE

David says, "What's that smell?"
FTFY. :mrgreen:
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

"It's tough to find a place not to like in Switzerland," said Bachmann.

This is because it's full of people with opinions diametrically opposed to those you publicly hold. I pre-emptively apologise to the Swiss on behalf of all those in the US. I like Switzerland.

Swatopluk

But Swiss xenophobia c/would appeal to her.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I bet she would love to talk with extreme right people in all Europe for that matter; thankfully they are still a minority. Sometimes I wonder if the same can be said of the U.S.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 13, 2012, 04:56:40 PM
I bet she would love to talk with extreme right people in all Europe for that matter; thankfully they are still a minority. Sometimes I wonder if the same can be said of the U.S.
Thankfully they are, but in some places they are a significant minority. The UK has its fair share of racists, but without the wherewithal to organise properly, due to their generally low educational attainment, the BNP do not get that many votes. Didn't France also give quite a few votes to Le Penn(sp.), achieving her third place in the elections?

Swatopluk

Whistleblower successfully sued by phonemarketeer
Phonemarketing is annoying, no doubt. A 61 year old lady took her revenge. When another unasked-for call came, she literally blew the whistle.
A bit too successfully, it turned out. She got sued for bodily harm because the caller suffered significant damage to her hearing that had not subsided even several months after the event. The court decided in favor of the  callcenter employee and ordered a payment of 800€ by the whistle lady to her victim.

Griffin NoName

That seems outrageous to me. I get apoplectic with cold calls. They deserve everything they get.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Be happy that Jehova's Witnesses don't work with phones or spam mails

Griffin NoName

No, but they ring my doorbell, getting me out of bed when I am asleep. I can't switch the doorbell off (it's the downstairs buzzer system, I'd have to unwire it, and then there'd be no way of genuine visitors alerting me. The postman wakes me too when he could easily ring someone else's bell. Life with inverted sleep is hell.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Does Romney support familicide?

A (genuine) quote from Mitt Romney's election website on his position on gun rights:
QuoteAs president, Mitt will work to expand and enhance access and opportunities for Americans to hunt, shoot, and protect their families...

pieces o nine

He is signalling that he will follow closely in Dubya's foot-in-mouth-steps...

QuoteOur enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Quote from: pieces o nine on June 01, 2012, 02:15:38 AM
He is signalling that he will follow closely in Dubya's foot-in-mouth-steps...

QuoteOur enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

Describes our current government only too well.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

There will be A BETTER AMERCIA!