News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

^ Lol. It appears that the human race isn't as unique as we once thought! ;D
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Article...understanding why rejected male flies find solace in ethanol...
Which reminds me another quote, I believe I heard on Leaving Las Vegas:

"...I don't remember if I started to drink when she left me or if she left me because I drink..."
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

The classic version is of course from the Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
I drink to forget that I feel ashamed for drinking (abridged version, in the book this is a dialogue).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Swatopluk

Nokia Patents Smart Tattoos
Tattoos containing magnetc nanoparticles could replace vibraing smartphone alarms
http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/gadgets/0,1518,823117,00.html

Griffin NoName

Blimey! Isn't Science wonderful. Almost Godlike :)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Gods have rarely demanded the type of worship that Technology is now pushing upon us.  Religious tattoos are relatively commonplace, but even Muslims only have to answer God's call 5 times a day...  ::)  That would be unacceptable with regards to texts and phone calls for many people today.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

They're not answering to technology, but to other people using it, the distinction is subtle but clear.  ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

I really am not sure about that. Have you see the way people treat their smartphones? Now, think about how well they generally treat other people. ::)

Seriously, it's the act and idea of instant communication that is the message, not the people we are talking to (if it was, we'd prioritize more face-to-face interaction; instant communication facilitates it but also substitutes for it). It's gratifying to ask someone a question from across the city/country/planet and get a reply in less than a minute. It means you must be Important. ;)
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

Ahhhh,  but you are only *truly* important if you don't even have to listen to or speak into the phone in a conventional manner. It's far more impressive to stroll about and with th' incorporal air hold discourse, phone displayed on an open palm, set on "speaker"...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Don't forget the bluetooth headsets, although they've faded somewhat from vogue, probably due to the fact you look like you're talking to yourself.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: pieces o nine on March 29, 2012, 05:30:26 AM
...........and with th' incorporal air hold discourse, phone displayed on an open palm, set on "speaker"...

They do this on The Apprentice.

"When did you last have a (cornish) pastie?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

Why didn't he mutate an extra ear then?
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

^ Because he was painting sunflowers, not corn?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

These two would almost justify a rant

Titanic tragedy shows evil of feminism and disproves Darwin
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/truth-titanic-denunciations-evolution-feminism

Tennessee Senate Approves Bill To Warn Students That Hand-Holding Is A 'Gateway Sexual Activity'
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/04/13/463317/tennessee-anti-hand-holding/