News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

Swatopluk

Dick Cheney lives but lacks a pulse

That's for real. He got an external impeller pump while his natural heart does not beat anymore.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

OMFSM - the living undead.  Somebody sneak in and turn it off one night.  :mrgreen:

Swatopluk

At night he has to go Borg-like to the reloading station

Aggie

WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'm going to say something controversial and possibly quite untaddy:
---
What defines us as human beings is our empathy, in consequence those who lack empathy can seldom (if at all) be called human beings.

Dick Cheney is a psychopath, a monster and proud of it, so no, I don't feel empathy for him the same way I don't feel empathy for roaches.
---
If that means failing the test I fail it proudly.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Taliban trains monkeys to attack US troops (with AK-47s and LMGs)
(reported by Murdoch's New York Post)

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on July 16, 2010, 03:29:18 PM
Dick Cheney is a psychopath, a monster and proud of it, so no, I don't feel empathy for him the same way I don't feel empathy for roaches.

I feel more empathy for roaches; most roaches work hard to be the best roach they can be, and don't go out of their way to cause pain and suffering to other roaches (occasionally cannibalistic, but only under duress; they don't shoot each other for sport).  Pest control is necessary as a matter of health, but I don't wish them ill otherwise (then again, I don't regularly live with them; ymmv).

Dick Cheney, OTOH, is a horrible example of the Mammon-enthralled human monster.

Even the Buddha said life is suffering.  Even the Bhagavad Gita (I'm paraphrasing broadly here) says not to worry about killing your enemies, as they are already dead.  The cause of Cheney's current suffering is that he doesn't have the humility and grace to face death in its natural course, and it's hard to summon much empathy towards the fear of death in someone who has spent much of his life dealing in other people's deaths.
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

When the Dick valve story broke, Keith Olbermann had a little snark about how 'government-run health care' seemed to be working out for him.

When I heard about this I thought of a riff off the 1984 version of Dune, with Baron Harkonnen  [e.g.: the Debbil]  congratulating Thufir Hawat  [Dick Cheney, albeit a villain in this AU]  on his newly-installed heart valve, noting with satisfaction that "everyone has one here."
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But Thufir is a victim (besides mentat =! psychopath ;)), Cheney is the ultimate puppeteer, the spirit behind Chucky!

Sibling DavidH

Penis photo posters seized by police in Lewes

A person who put up enlarged photographs of male private parts around a town in Sussex is being sought by police.

Several large images of a man's penis with a yellow bow tied around it have been taken down from car parks and places close to schools in Lewes.

Swatopluk

Aggie

WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)