News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Did you know that...

Started by Swatopluk, July 07, 2010, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

Did you know that I used to work with this guy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00v5h0z/The_Imran_Yusuf_Show/

*sorry if you 'Murkins can't access it. :(
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling DavidH

Hmm.  That must have been a laugh.

Griffin NoName

What did you do? Prop up his ego?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on July 03, 2012, 01:32:50 PM
Hmm.  That must have been a laugh.
He left not long after I started there, but what I do remember is laughing a lot.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on July 03, 2012, 03:04:57 PM
What did you do? Prop up his ego?
He was a few desks away from me in a different sub-department. I found his show funny, as I do his stand-up.

Swatopluk

Did you know that in 1854  the 16t Cornish fishing boat Mystery set sail from Newlyn (Cornwall) for Australia with a crew of 7 and arrived in Melbourne after 115 days (including a one week stay at the Cape of Good Hope)?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Pachyderm

The hundred billionth crayon made by Crayola was Periwinkle Blue.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Sibling DavidH

DYKT Hitler really did have only one testicle, after the other one was shot off in the battle of the Somme in 1916?

Swatopluk

The only source for that is the Russian autopsy report that is unfortunately rather biased, e.g. it tried at first to deny that Hitler shot himself because poison seemed more 'appropriate' than the 'honourable' bullet (Hitler used both as far as we can tell).

Btw DYKT the (in)famous text for the Colonel Bogey march existed before said report became known in the West?

Griffin NoName

Shame some other parts weren't shot off too.....

Heloo Patchy, nice to see you.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Well, then Germany might have had just 'normal' fascism (it does not look as if there were other options in the 30ies except, with low probability, Stalinism). It was a mistake to end the war in 1918. It should have been either in late 1914 (with a status quo ante solution) or in summer 1919 (with a 1945 without the Russians). Both would have been better in the long term.

Griffin NoName

The 1/2 life of the radio-active content of a banana is 1.25 billion years?
Psychic Hotline Host

The Meromorph

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 09, 2012, 01:43:21 AM
The 1/2 life of the radio-active content of a banana is 1.25 billion years?
That is the most incandescently useless piece of information that I have ever encountered!  :TYfg-a.com: :yo:
Well done, sweet Sibling! Bloody well done!
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: MeroThat is the most incandescently useless piece of information that I have ever encountered!

No, it's not.  Now we know how long to leave bananas until they're totally safe to eat.

Roland Deschain

Somewhere in the distant future...

"Captain Zarquon, we have the results back from the banana, and it's safe to eat."

"At last, after us guardians spent 10 billion years protecting and nurturing this dangerous fruit, it is time to awaken the God David."

"Awaken the God David. Long may he sleep."

*sound of gears and locks well-oiled for eons builds to a crescendo, followed by a loud BANG!*

"YOU HAVE AWOKEN ME! IS IT TIME?"

"Yes my lord, it is time. The shields held, but the ten outer shells have been changed many times from the gamma ray damage."

"THIS IS GOOD. YOU HAVE DONE WELL, MY YOUNG APPRENTICE. BRING ME THE BANANA!"

---------------------------------------------

Did you know i'm wearing odd socks today?

Sibling DavidH

Is that a matching pair of strange socks, or two unmatched normal socks, or two unmatched strange socks?