News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Did you know that...

Started by Swatopluk, July 07, 2010, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 26, 2012, 06:27:30 PM
I always think of this bit from The Goon Show:

SEAGOON:
A big crowd of people here today.

ZOO KEEPER:
Yes, I know. We let 'em in for the animals to look at, you see. Trouble is, we have to lock the boa constrictors up so the kids don't get at them, you know. Lost four boa constrictors last year, kids taking them home all the time...

You can't get the wood, you know...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling DavidH

DYKT there's an exhibition about pirates on in Museum of London (Docklands) next month?

Griffin and Bart  NB

Griffin NoName

Love the Museum of London. Haven't been there for years though.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Over here we get flooded this year with exhibitions about a guy who possibly has never set foot on a ship* in his whole life.

*real ships, not river ferries or pleasure boats for small bodies of water.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Did you know that....................

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISJ/is_n3-4_v35/ai_18891267

Table 2 Human energy expenditures for selected
activities (derived from Reference above)

Activity Kilocal/hr Watts

Sleeping 70 81
Lying quietly 80 93
Sitting 100 116
Standing at ease 110 128
Conversation 110 128
Eating a meal 110 128
Strolling 140 163
Driving a car 140 163
Playing violin or piano 140 163
Housekeeping 150 175
Carpentry 230 268
Hiking, 4 mph 350 407
Swimming 500 582
Mountain climbing 600 698
Long-distance running 900 1048

and brain burns approx. 20% of total body expenditure per day.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Wow.. two things that amaze me: how much energy in terms of calories* is available in food, and how little energy we actually use (in terms of wattage) compared to our appliances.  :)

*one kcal (food calorie) is the amount of energy to warm a kilogram (one litre) of water by one degree. Now think of one of those little 100-cal snack packets: They contain enough food energy to more-or-less boil a litre of water. :o

WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

How about prolonged energetic sex with three ladies?

Swatopluk

Quote from: Aggie on May 02, 2012, 07:07:25 AM
*one kcal (food calorie) is the amount of energy to warm a kilogram (one litre) of water by one degree. Now think of one of those little 100-cal snack packets: They contain enough food energy to more-or-less boil a litre of water. :o

Don't confuse heating and boiling. To get stuff to the boiling point is cheap and easy. But to get the liquid to turn into steam takes a wee bit more effort.
To get one mol of water (18g) from 0°C to 100°C takes just about 7.5 kJ but it takes about 44 kJ to turn the same amount from liquid to gas.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on May 02, 2012, 11:00:29 AM
Apparently half hour of energetic sex burns ~150 calories but the refractory period can last from 10 minutes to hours depending on the individual, so unless you are one of the few individuals that can keep it upright after one, or a very short refractory period the other two ladies may become seriously displeased.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 02, 2012, 11:26:55 AM
To get one mol of water (18g) from 0°C to 100°C takes just about 7.5 kJ but it takes about 44 kJ to turn the same amount from liquid to gas.

Hence the waffle-word 'more-or-less'. Incidentally, I was meaning to look up the ΔHvap for water, to see how many frigories I can get per litre of evaporation (see the Water Cooled Air thread).  As I will be working with greater than a beaker's worth, the number is 2257 kJ/L or 2381 BTU/L in air conditioning terms.

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 02, 2012, 04:18:06 PM
Quote from: Sibling DavidH on May 02, 2012, 11:00:29 AM
Apparently half hour of energetic sex burns ~150 calories but the refractory period can last from 10 minutes to hours depending on the individual, so unless you are one of the few individuals that can keep it upright after one, or a very short refractory period the other two ladies may become seriously displeased.

There are three solutions to this problem: One is to make sure the three ladies are of the inclination to continue the erobic activities without male assistance (which seems to be a necessity regardless of refractory periods; I cannot fathom how to simultaneously seal three bottles with a single cork).  The other 'solution' is to eliminate the refractory period by lasting for more than a half-hour - YMMV on this one. ;) The third is to not make the phallocentric error of assuming that sex is a physiological monologue carried out only by one body part.  :mrgreen:

I have never really understood the very common heterosexual male's multiple-partner fantasy in terms of the logistics (barring the solutions above, with emphasis on the first).  ::)  
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

In this case it is assumed that the minority rules :mrgreen:
An oligosome (excluding gang rapes) with one female and several males is seen as female controlled.
From a practical point of view a male caracole on the female would look most efficient with just enough males to cover the reloading period. ::)

Roland Deschain

How did a conversation about calories get onto simultaneous multiple sexual partners? Not that i'm complaining, though. It is an interesting experience though, and one that needs both stamina and ingenuity, not to mention the skills of a cunning linguist (and maybe Vitamin V as you get older). :mrgreen:
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Swatopluk

A caracole would be sequential :)

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Roland Deschain on May 06, 2012, 12:40:38 PM
How did a conversation about calories get onto simultaneous multiple sexual partners?

It's the squidlings fault. They encourage off-topic.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

All I can say is that I definitely need more....  calories that is. ;) 
WWDDD?