News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Are you tone deaf?

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, November 15, 2006, 08:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Follow this link to take a quick test of your musical/tone listening skills.

It uses FLASH applet to play a series of very short musical notes.  There are 2 sequences for each part of the test, and you click either "same" or "different" depending if you think the 2 sequences are exactly the same melody or have a subtle difference.

I scored 75%, which was better that I'd have guessed.  I discovered I needed to listen with my eyes closed to better concentrate on each passage (which are only a few notes/tones long).

It took me less than the suggested 6 minutes, because I discovered if I found a difference, I could "click ahead" on the red button, and it would skip to the next interlude.

It's fun!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

88.9%

Tricky test, some colors are definitively difficult to track or in certain cases there were very subtle rhythmical variations.

I thought ear training at school for a while and you usually repeat hard samples/progressions.

The other detail with the test is that the next sample comes immediately after you answer the previous taking you by surprise. I was forcing myself to stop answering right away to prepare for the next sample.

Interesting nonetheless.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.