News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Independent America: Anti-chain store documentary

Started by DaveL, December 01, 2006, 09:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Hah! Ghetto Latte....  That'd go well with a cup of Ketchup Soup.  ;)

Seriously good idea, though.... although I prefer black coffee.  My biggest coffee sin is drinking the crappy weak office coffee instead of grinding and brewing a cup myself...  coffee gets drunk because it's there, and I make the high-test on the weekends.
WWDDD?

DaveL

Wow,

The use of condiments! The only times I saw the condiments bar in action was some guy adding nutmeg or something else whacky to his already highly value added drink in a paper cup.

'Ghetto latte' just adds to the SB's nomenclature issue. If it's not two or three words long it can't be special, hip, trendy etc.

PS Is it hipper to say Grande 'Gran-day' or 'Grand'. Will it extinguish the surly looks?
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Personally, I don't feel any debt to Starbucks, since in my misguided youth, I probably paid for the braces of one of their shareholder's children (it was ideal for studying for hours while my girlfriend-at-the-time did her shift at the grocery store, but I'd get guilty and feel compelled to buy stuff to justify my loitering.  In retrospect, both the girl and my time in the coffee shop indicated a lack of judgement on my part ::) ).

Unfortunately, the "ghetto latte" option is unavailable to those of us who are lactose intolerant, since they keep the lactose-free milk behind the counter.

Judging by the odd looks I'd get when I pronounced it "grahnd" (i.e. the French way), apparently the Italian pronunciation is de rigeur, though it still doesn't compare when I asked for a "medium coffee"; shock and scorn were abundant.

ivor

Here's some thoughts on Coffee Houses.  This link is filthy and you will be offended.  You might laugh though.

Another offensive video with a coffee flavor,

More offensive video.

MB

Sibling Chatty

I love Foamy...

I admit it, i'm a 54 year old post-teen fan of smart-assitude.
This sig area under construction.

DaveL

Go Foamy!!

Foamy summarises our frustration in a few short minutes. Foamy for the Whitehouse!!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!