News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Site Slow

Started by Griffin NoName, July 20, 2007, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on July 21, 2007, 11:54:07 PM
A seperate PayPal account would be good - and if a small sub-committee had access would provide a measure of opaqueness. Access is easy as only the email username and password is needed to access a PayPal account. We could snapshot the transactions and post in a thread here.

Let's see if I get any donations.  I hate to make a new account then not get any.

If anyone donates they could just post in a donation thread the amount.  That should be good enough for now.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on July 22, 2007, 11:05:23 PM
I hate to make a new account then not get any.

There's probably a superstition - cross a new account at night and get nought.

I've been having fun changing the $ to £ and ¥  - Beagle will probably object to the € :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

If there was none to be had it would be my luck to get it.  :mrgreen:

Test

ivor

Griffin NoName

Anyone else but me getting very long response times for the Monnastery (unwrapped)?

Not affecting any other sites I use or any other internet access so seems specific to TFM.

Get some odd fast ressponses but majority very very slow.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

I am not seeing any particular slowness yet, but I just got here.

Swatopluk

Nothing out of the ordinary I'd say
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Hmmm. Don't know what is going on then. I've cleared cookes, temporary files etc. I've rebooted several times. It's unbearably slow, like can take a whole minute to respond. It's almost unusable. I am really puzzled as it does not happen on any other intenet sites at all.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Hmmmmmmmmm again. I've just removed some PMs sent to people who don't exist which an admin report I ran told me was fouling up the forum. So far it hasn't solved the slowness problem. I am going to do some maintenance on the tables. Site will be down for a few minutes.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Ok that's done. Still no improvement.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

If you are in windows:

-Go to start
-In search programs type 'cmd'  and hit Enter
-On the DOS window command prompt type:

tracert toadfishmonastery.com

and hit Enter.

It will take from a few seconds to a minute or two depending on how many hops (jumps through routers) are between you and the monastery server. Right now in my case the latency (wait) isn't higher than 35 ms, but if you, or any portion of the route is having problems you could have latencies of hundreds of milliseconds. You may see which server(s) are having issues in which portion of the route, the closer to the beginning means that the problems are with you or your provider, and the further with the server itself, with the ones in the middle being the path from one side to the other. If the numbers are OK, the problem may be local, have you tried with a different browser?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Looks like it is BT and possibly also my router needs a reboot. But I don't really see why that would only affect TFM and not other sites. I wonder if it is something to do with Cloud  - or whatever that interface MB uses is called, I can't remember - and my IP address.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Don't worry, Griff.  At my place of abode I get ping times of around 1300 ms.  Thank you, IPStar.  That makes for horrible browsing on anything that uses a lot of Javascript, as many sites do these days.  Generally for me the TFM is no worse than any other site.  I would be pointing the bone at BT, as you have already done.  It could be some sort of foul up in their DNS, or there might be something wrong with your local connection.  Good luck with trying to get them to even admit to any problems, let alone fixing them, if my experiences with telcos are any guide.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I had another of those Cloudflare errors-- and it ate several of my posts too.   I'd given up, in fact, and just said "stuff it" to myself.  Only the TF seemed affected by whatever it was.

Toady?  It's lively again....

... effing magic?   Hmmm...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)