News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Chanting

Started by Opsa, March 16, 2006, 10:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeferKa the Bodhipasta

So, whereas other mediation focuses on the "Om," we focus on the "AARRRGGGG"? This could provide some great catharsis!

Griffin NoName

Quote from: NeferKa the Bodhipasta on September 27, 2006, 06:08:30 PM
So, whereas other mediation focuses on the "Om," we focus on the "AARRRGGGG"? This could provide some great catharsis!

Mediation with an OM or an AAAARRGG is a new one on me.

I can see it working in the marriage guidance agencies but maybe not ACAS or ABTA  (respectively, organisation devoted to preventing and resolving employment disputes and Association of British Travel Agents who offer an independent arbitration service)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: NoName on September 28, 2006, 01:09:00 AM
Quote from: NeferKa the Bodhipasta on September 27, 2006, 06:08:30 PM

Mediation with an OM or an AAAARRGG is a new one on me.
Alternative Angry Argument Abatement, Resolution and Restitution Group... Guy?

Opsa

Oh where oh where has our chantbox gone?

I don't see it today. Have the dairy goats eaten it?

goat starer

we eat ANYTHING!

... it is giving me wind because it was full of hot air  :D
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 21, 2007, 08:08:12 PM
Oh where oh where has our chantbox gone?

I don't see it today. Have the dairy goats eaten it?

MB had to remove it because of bandwidth issues.  Hopefully, it's temporary.  See the topic over in Announcements.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

Thanks Bob, and a 50th hug to you for re-directing me.

I searched yesterday for chat box, chant box, chatbox... possibly everything but shoutbox! Duh... :-[

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

You're welcome.

I'm often caught by that, too: a slight misspelling, or the term just slightly different that what is in general use.

;D

One learns a great many synonyms, if one is diligent enough.  :D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

Sibling 'mat0 worked up a beta split screen version of the Monastery, for those who want to chat and forum and the same time. You can try it at http://myacc.net/~nicorojas/TChatV.htm

I'm there, now. I notice I can't see my "replies to recent posts" sidebar, which is a slight disadvantage.

Griffin NoName

Now what I want is a browser which I can adjust for an individual browser window to be extra wide, but any new browser window I open to still be the usual size I have my browser window. Or alternatively, people to only shout short sentences ;)

anon - I like both the vertical and the horizontal splits, not sure which works best. Nice idea.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

If you see a red button then the "dinger" is off for the chant box.  Click the red button and you should hear a strumming sound when another person sends a message from the chant box.  Once you click the red button it should turn green.

MB

Opsa

That's a nice way to hear someone trying to communicate.

A group of us were playing with the split screen format last night. It was fun to scan the forum while simultaneously punning away with the sibs.

We noticed some things: One is that you can move the center bar over for more shoutbox space. The shoutbox side gets cut off, but the forum side squishes the information, so you can still read whatever is there, up to a point.

MB says that the revised version of the monastery he hopes to get going in the future will have a seperate shoutbox that can float wherever you like. That sounds great!

I'm testing the horizontal version of the split screen right now. The problem I'm seeing with it is that you can see the chantbox and the posting box without diminishing the forum to only a few lines of text.

Aggie

Check this out!  Outsourcing.... ;D

Wrapped:
http://gabbly.com/toadfishmonastery.com/forum/index.php

Unwrapped:
http://gabbly.com/toadfishmonastery.com/index.php

It doesn't like to play with Wrapped.
WWDDD?

ivor

It looks really cool.  I am sure it's just an AJAX app.  We could use that one and maybe make a custom one later. 

I was going to chant some more but I tried to run it wrapped and got knocked right out and never saw you again Aggie.