News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

New Server

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), March 31, 2007, 08:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

As you all know (or should) the monastery currently runs by the grace of our beloved MB. In other threads he has mentioned the idea to get a new server over a nice FiOS connection, which in the light of the problems with the hosting lately sound great.

In any case it is my belief that we should help MB in his (our) quest. I don't know if MB has a Paypal account (do you?, not hard to make one anyway) but we could contribute to a fund to that end.

Other ideas are obviously welcome.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

Were gonna need to get the NPO setup before I can take donations,  otherwise it looks like income for me and not a tax deduction for you.  Besides it's not just for the monastery.  I plan to move my other sites there too.

Thanks for thinking of me though.  ;D

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

In my eyes the NPO is not a show stopper, besides I don't know if that would help our siblings overseas.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

beagle

I doubt NPO status is any advantage in the UK (you'd probably have to be a registered charity here for donations to be tax-deductible), so it's only a question of MB's income tax position.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

From the small amount of research I've done, yes, it would have to be a charity in the UK. And the rules and regs for that fills half the internet on a quick look. IMHO we would need a tame charity veteran to guide us through it. I know some, having run IT for a very large charity..... but not enough.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand