News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Smilies

Started by ivor, February 07, 2006, 09:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

CRABBIES!!

Yay CRABBIES!!

:inky: Hey there's plenty of ink to make that bizarro-world squid ink pasta that the fancy restaurants charge $35 a plate for!!

(Order it with garlic butter, black beans and broiled chicken and watch the kitchen lose their minds, because they normally serve in with a heavier sauce and lots of big chunky stuff that covers up the fact that you're eating dark grey pasta. Tastes good, though.)

I love people with huge expense accounts. ;)
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

The stuff I've used was inkjet black, a little rubbery, and tasted faintly of calamari.  And less than $35 a plate (probably $15 CDN, few years ago).  Cheaper than using $50-a-lb fresh morels and chantrelles, anyway.

I've always wondered how they got the :inky: for the pasta.  OOHHh!!!  I still need to develop my "grey matter" zombie-chow pasta for halloween! 

BRAAAAAAINS......
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Squid ink-milkers??

Well, since calamari is squidlets (oh yay, now i'll never be able to eat it again) maybe they just de-inkify them before they cut them into little rubberbands to cook them...Had a waiter one time telling people at a new restaurant to try the fried calamari, that it tasted sorta like chicken. I told him that it did not, it tasted like fried rubberbands. GOOD fried rubberbands, though. ;D

They 'hand-made' the pasta, and it wasn't a uniform color all the way through. It was actually quite pretty as they were rolling it out and cutting it. (Waiting line had a view of the pasta making area, and they actually did some of the hand-work on the dough, not all machine done.)

Marbelized black and grey pasta...strange, but yummy!
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

OOOH!  IDEA!

Butternut squash-an-tomato pasta dough, marbellized with squid ink pasta dough = Tiger Halloween Noodles!   

:daz:
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Would there be the possibility that someone creates a vomiting squiddie.
It should be not much bigger than a normal smiley, so it does not disturb the text flow too much. The old puking FSM was nice but we are more of a humble Cthulhu place by now, aren't we ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

Maybe we could give him a little puke bag so he doesn't mess up the floor. (It's my turn to mop the monastery!)

goat starer

How about a Goat Smiley? MSN has a goat!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"