News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Session Verification Issues/Timeouts

Started by ivor, January 13, 2007, 02:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have had Session Verification Issues/Timeouts with this browser

IE6
2 (33.3%)
FireFox
3 (50%)
Opera
0 (0%)
Camino
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 23, 2007, 02:15:08 AM

ivor

I like toys!  :mrgreen:  Soon as I have a server to log into I'll let you play too!

You should really be logging into the bridge from a wrapped page.  The new site should be better.

Alpaca

Ooh! Ooh! What sorts of new toys will there be!?
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

I don't like one way bridges. I want a dual carriageway. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

I wish there was a Joomla forum component that was as good as SMF. *sigh*

The new server will be running Ubuntu linux hopefully.  Admins will be able to VPN into it and start an X Terminal.  Ideally we'll have three servers, one for a web server, one database server and one Torque server.

I am hoping we can use Eclipse and SVN for a development environment.  Let me know what cool toys you want to see on there Sibs.

Alpaca

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on August 13, 2007, 11:31:27 PM
The new server will be running Ubuntu linux hopefully.  Admins will be able to VPN into it and start an X Terminal.  Ideally we'll have three servers, one for a web server, one database server and one Torque server.

*Claps giddily*

Those are cool toys enough to make me drool happily.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

goat starer

all of the above are brilliant ideas but would it not be simpler if we all used the postal service?

or we could get a VPZ-3000 dual artichoke gambit chump drive with three module enhanced end user compatible K170 SPLart cards and hook them up in tandem with the original turing machine and a HAL 9000.

that should be compatible with Findus, Firedog and Bodyform even if they are being run on a an LSD platform.

Hope this helps. If you need anymore technical expertise I will be in the bar.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Will there be any toys for us, technically illiterate siblings?

Maybe a model train or something similiar. I've always wanted a model train, but never got one...

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.......

I'm back..

Sibling Chatty

I don't know about YOU guys, but whenever they talk about cookies, I get hungry.

How 'bout an EZBake Oven?
This sig area under construction.

Alpaca

Stick with the regular kind, Auntie. The ones some sites throw at you are nasty.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That's when sharing becomes a bad thing: if it weren't for the fact that every website that you visit can read (eat?) all your cookies...
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

I get hostile when somebody eats all my cookies. That's why Dan set up firewalls, so that they burn their fingers when they try to get to my cookies.

I don't know how in works, but my Petite Ecolier Extra Dark are safe, and that's what counts.
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Happy Happy Happy. A two way bridge. I am me here unwrapped (1) and subsequently there me wrapped. ;D ;D A miracle.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

The answer I got from SMF was to force people into wrapped mode.  That fixes the login problem, but might annoy some here.  For Joomla to work properly you have to login to the bridge.  If you go to toadfishmonastery.com/forum then you won't get logged into Joomla.

Griffin NoName

I logged into http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/ (unwrapped) (WINDOW A)

Then opened new browser window (WINDOW B) url http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I am seeing the normal home page in WINDOW B, showing me logged in and with my NoName automatically in the Chant Box and if I click Forum, I see that nicely wrapped (and me logged in).

Before, like until tonight, I wasn't seeing that at all in WINDOW B, I was a guest/half logged in. SO something has changed. ie. the bridge appears to have suddenly started working in reverse unwrapped->wrapped. Maybe it is magic?

(I didn't log in wrapped. Never got around to it).

:wiz:
Psychic Hotline Host

ivor

That shouldn't work at all.  Oh wait.  This is a different bridge.

I would try getting rid of your cookies and trying it again.