News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Session Verification Issues/Timeouts

Started by ivor, January 13, 2007, 02:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have had Session Verification Issues/Timeouts with this browser

IE6
2 (33.3%)
FireFox
3 (50%)
Opera
0 (0%)
Camino
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 23, 2007, 02:15:08 AM

Opsa

Today I seem to be able to post, but it is running unbearably slowly. It took 15 seconds just to load this reply page. This will be my last post today.

I don't like the new setup.

Aggie

Definitely much more sluggish than usual - my office connection is usually very quick.  Feels like I'm on dialup... ;)
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I have the same problem, plus I seem to get "500 Internal Server Error" a lot with the addition of a few 404 errors...

I'm back..

ivor

Nothing has changed except the child board stuff.  I think this is all DreamHost recovering from their PHP 5.2 roll out disaster.  ;D

You guys don't like the child boards?

beagle

Got the famous session verification error yesterday for first time. Logged in but couldn't post or logout.
Went wrong on both IE7 and Firefox 1.5.0.9

If you can read this then it's cured...
The angels have the phone box

Vita Curator

Okay, please don't laugh at me; I admit that I am a complete computer idiot.

I have been having massive session verification timeouts (I have IE7) to the point that I have literally given up trying to post anything.  The other day I could not post at all, and when I tried to log out, over and over again, I wasn't able to.  MB, thank you for posting that a link for me to go to and log out on.  It was a different looking screen of the monastery.  Could you post two more links and tell me which is which?  Which one again is Joomla (sp?) and which is SMF (?) and which one should I be using so I don't have trouble logging out?

I am stoopid and frustrated and I need a drink.

Please, I hope that I can even post this.

Okay, I just posted about five things and I did not have any problems!  Whew!!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

It seems that the 500 errors are gone.

*Knock on wood*

I'm back..

Griffin NoName

Is anyone else using IE6 on W2K cos I havent had any errors at all? Or....... perhaps I am on a mirror server all on my own?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on February 09, 2007, 09:35:54 PM
You guys don't like the child boards?

No, I LIKE, I LIKE!!!
  :D  :D  :D

Being basically of a "this needs organizing" sort of mind, I LIKE IT!

*hugs*
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Vita Curator on February 10, 2007, 01:34:29 AM
Okay, please don't laugh at me; I admit that I am a complete computer idiot.

I have been having massive session verification timeouts (I have IE7) to the point that I have literally given up trying to post anything.  The other day I could not post at all, and when I tried to log out, over and over again, I wasn't able to.  MB, thank you for posting that a link for me to go to and log out on.  It was a different looking screen of the monastery.  Could you post two more links and tell me which is which?  Which one again is Joomla (sp?) and which is SMF (?) and which one should I be using so I don't have trouble logging out?

I am stoopid and frustrated and I need a drink.

Please, I hope that I can even post this.

Okay, I just posted about five things and I did not have any problems!  Whew!!

May I humbly suggest you switch away from the _evil monster_ IE7 that is the Spawn of Micro$oft? <tongue firmly in cheek>

There are those of use herein who would be GLAD to post a step-by-step "how 2" for FireFox, if you like.

From first click to last *sigh* of bliss, as you navigate in the style you should become accustomed to... <grin>
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

What child boards?

I had the 500 error several times in the last few days and the connection to the site was not always very good.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

ivor

DreamHost was doing something similar to upgrading to Windows XP.  It blew up in their face and brought the roof down.  It is taking a while for them to get it straight.

The child boards are like sub categories.

Think of Joomla like a Word document.  SMF is like a picture inside of the Word doc.  Word will show you the picture in the document but when you want to edit the picture you have to use another application like Paint.  SMF is like Paint.

Opsa

Everything seems to be running and posting normally today. I think MB was right about the system belch.

ivor

They will try it again on the 19th.  I would play hooky that day.  ;D

I can't wait until they upgrade Apache or something.   >:(

Griffin NoName

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on February 10, 2007, 11:23:50 AM
SMF is like Paint.

Watching SMF start working properly being like watching Paint dry ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand