News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Hi Opsa,

Who cannot make comments?  Are they logged in?

MB

Sibling Chatty

I was logged in and coul'nae make nor read the comments...Remember, I are a technodoofus.
This sig area under construction.

ivor

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on January 09, 2007, 01:23:48 AM
I was logged in and coul'nae make nor read the comments...Remember, I are a technodoofus.

You clicked on the picture to see it full right?  Not full screen just full.  Like here.

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Meromorph

I can see the comments but cannot add or edit them.
Dances with Motorcycles.

ivor

If you want try logging out and back in.  ???

The Meromorph

Dances with Motorcycles.

ivor

My Darren996 login is fine.  He's just registered. 

What do you see?  No red Xs to delete comments and no add comments box?  You can see the boxes that say garbage like "Nice Pic!"?

I changed you to a Publisher.  Let me know if that makes a difference.

Sibling Chatty

I'm such a technodoofus my computer committed suicide...

It's been wanting to for months, and finally did. If I ever have my own computer to screw up, instead of Dan's, i'll try again.
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I seem to have lost the ability to upload content.

I looked and looked for the "upload content" menu link, but it seems to'ave vanished.

Anyone have any thoughts?

(and I can't seem to locate the LOGOUT link as well... *sigh* )
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Oooookaaaay.  I STILL don't see "log out".

But.  I noticed a tiny (really REALLY small) red "dot" underneath my log statistics (at the left side of the form).

I hovered over it, but nothing "popd up".

Experimentally, I clicked it.

Viola! It logged me out.

A log-back in, and NOW I have the "upload content" and other menu items.

But, I STILL don't have "log out" (except for that cryptic tiny red dot ;D )

I guess, in the words of Rosanne-Rosanna-Danna:

"Never Mind"
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

The Meromorph

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on January 09, 2007, 04:16:49 AM
My Darren996 login is fine.  He's just registered. 

What do you see?  No red Xs to delete comments and no add comments box?  You can see the boxes that say garbage like "Nice Pic!"?

I changed you to a Publisher.  Let me know if that makes a difference.

Nope, no change.    :(

Edit:
I tried Bob's trick and I got
An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. 
And it wouldn't log me out... ::)
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Sometimes mine logs me out when I take a long time to write a post, but I just go to the home page and it automatically logs me back in again. I'm not even sure i know how to log out.

I don't think I can upload any pictures in the gallery, either. (Poor MB, he's probably hiding!) I did manage to re-name some of the toadfish photos, though.

Bluenose

Try going to http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/index.php and then selecting logout.

I found when I was having these problems earlier that doing this seemed to work and resolved any little problems I was having.  Haven't had any recently so I cannot verify that this still works, but it might be worth a try.

I'm not sure why this makes any difference but it just seemed that "going naked" on the forums helps somehow.

Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

If you have problems logging out just keep punching the button 'til it logs you out.  The logout button at the top of the forum is as good as the one in the left column menu.

I am so sorry these problems exist.  I just don't have them myself so it is difficult for me to troubleshoot.

MB