News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

I'm using IE6 (set to remember me). I get session verification problems the second time (separate logon) that I click on Admin. And yes, I have to delete the cookie to fix it,
Dances with Motorcycles.

Aggie

I have FireFox set to remember me....   ???
WWDDD?

Bluenose

I'm using IE6 (set to remember me). I get session verification problems about once or twice a day.  No discernable pattern, sometimes it works (actually most times) then I will get an error.  The error can happen the first time I attempt to paste/applaud/change profile etc in a session or it can (less often) occur during a session when I have previously been posting OK.

When I get an error, I go to http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/, which I have saved as a favorite, and log off and back on there and that fixes things.  If you get these problems I suggest you might like to follow the link and add it to your favourites.

BTW, after fixing the problem, if I go "Back" to the previous page, rather than navigating to it by typing the URL or clicking on the usual favorite link, the error returns and has to be "fixed" again.  Don't know if all this helps find out what's going on, but I am sure everyone here appreciated the efforst being made to fix the problems.

Nick
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Vita Curator

I've added the monastery to the top of my favorite places list also, it is definitely "my favorite place" on the web!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Chatty

OK, for the FIRST time ever, I got a Session Error.

I was trying to Applaud somebody. Must be contagious...Aggie :o

;)

Now it won't let me post this...

"    
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.   "

FEH...
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Chatty

ivor

Quote from: Quasimodo (The Meromorph) on October 13, 2006, 01:24:47 AM
I'm using IE6 (set to remember me). I get session verification problems the second time (separate logon) that I click on Admin. And yes, I have to delete the cookie to fix it,

When I have that problem I have been clicking logout (no matter how many times it takes) and then log back in and it works.

MB

ivor

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on October 14, 2006, 04:19:33 AM
OK, for the FIRST time ever, I got a Session Error.

I was trying to Applaud somebody. Must be contagious...Aggie :o

;)

Now it won't let me post this...

"    
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.   "

FEH...

It's supposed to say something like you can't change karma more than once an hour.  If you're wrapped in Joomla you get this message first then you get the session timeout problem.  If you're using smf standalone you don't get this error.

Mongo not know.

Sibling Chatty

Is OK, Mongo. Me not know either...

It fix self, and me happy pawn in game of life. :D

Griffin NoName

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on October 14, 2006, 11:36:48 AM
It's supposed to say something like you can't change karma more than once an hour. 

Hey, I like that !!!!   Banish the happy clappies. Let's have real meaning to our Karma.  :D :D :D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Just one quick note to our tech admin extraordinaire: when accessing the site from www.toadfishmonastery.com I get a 'page doesn't exist' but when I remove the 'www.' it works. It might be something with the DNS.

Just to let you know.  ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

Hmmm.... I get redirected to toadfishmonastery.com which is the way it is setup.  Do you still confirm this problem?

Thanks,
MB

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I just tried and it is working fine. It may have been the DNS of my ISP, afterwards I had to refresh a number of pages.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

Thanks anon!  I would rather hear about such things as not hear.   :D

Opsa

MB, my Duje! It's come to our attention that comments cannot be made by siblings wishing to comment in the Museum Gallery comment boxes. Anything we can do about that?