News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Hmmm...  He has zero post.  I think I have had to delete accounts with zero post.  Every time I believe.

MB

Griffin NoName

Another way of clearing up some problems for MicroS**t users is apply registry repair fixes available from the MicroS**t site..... any, all,  :beta: :beta: :beta: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :taz: :taz: :taz:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on October 03, 2006, 12:38:34 AM
Try refreshing your browser.  If that doesn't work tell me what browser you are using.  That should have been corrected Sunday night.

MB

Thanx MB.  That worked.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Aggie

Quote from: Agujjim on September 29, 2006, 08:38:15 PM
Getting a lot of "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." errors.  Including when I tried to edit this into the above post.  Any suggestions?

Oh, and "Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message." when trying to post.

Still getting both errors here.... and have tried logging in and out.  Sometimes I get the second error when trying to logout.  :P

Usually have to preview before posting to clear it up, but certain things still catch me...  sometimes can't applaud.  Deleting cookie may help... I'll check as I haven't done it on this comp yet.
WWDDD?

ivor

What browser are you using?  Are you using the forum wrapped in Joomla or stand-alone?

MB

Aggie

Firefox, Joomla-wrapped.  Didn't twig I could go standalone (though thinking back I noticed this in other posts... didn't register).

Better to go stand-alone?  Errors are sporadic and unpredictable, and not major at the moment.
WWDDD?

ivor

It's really odd.  I use FireFox/Joomla wrapped also but I haven't see a Session Timeout since I upgraded the forum.  Maybe it's cause I am admin?

It might make a difference to go stand-alone.

MB

Darren996

Okay.  I am not an admin now.  Let's see if I can post.  ;D

Opsa

I'm a little slow most days, but at least I keep at it.

The only technical difficulty I'm having now is that when I PM here, I get a wild, wavy line of text where I'm quite certain buttons are meant to be that would read "Quote with reply", etc.

Otherwse, it's working great!

ivor

That's I CSS bug that I have yet to look at.  ;D

MB

Opsa

No big whoop. The function still works, it just wants to be prettier.
:istad:

ivor

Hmmm....

I was having a really odd problem with admin functions.  I deleted my cookies and it all went away.  All I see know is the bug with PM buttons.

Anybody else still having problems?

Off topic.  Who is exanglo?  I noticed he/she registered but has not clicked on the confirmation email.

MB

Aggie

New-ish Omnian crossing over to the dark side.  ;) Not a spambot. 

BTW... haven't heard from the Shoe yet, so I've no idea if he's got things working or not.
WWDDD?

ivor

I think I see another clue to the session verification problem.  I have my FireFox browser set to remember me but IE6 is not.  I get the session verification bug in IE6 not in FireFox.  Anybody think of anything else?   ;D

MB

Griffin NoName

No but I can throw a spanner in the works or a fly in the ointment or maybe a red herring. I am using IE6 without remember me and I don't have the problem (W2K) - but I used to get it but even then I didn't have remember me set. Being MS maybe it depends which bit of the registry is corrupt.  ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand