News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on September 28, 2006, 03:49:47 PM

And I'd like to ask something. Back in the Other Place I Won't Be Mentioning I had the title of Alcohol Boy, written under my name. I got vey used to it and I like it very much. What I wanted to ask you, is it possible to get this title, instead of the title of newbie?

Thanks...

Hi Kiyoodle,

If you go to the place where you added your avatar, there is field where you can add you personal text.  This will do the job for you.

Nick
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on September 28, 2006, 03:49:47 PM
Dear MB,

I have this tiny problem...

All the topic names appear in red. It's not that I don't like it, but it's very difficult to read it on the dark background and it hurts my eyes a little.

And I'd like to ask something. Back in the Other Place I Won't Be Mentioning I had the title of Alcohol Boy, written under my name. I got vey used to it and I like it very much. What I wanted to ask you, is it possible to get this title, instead of the title of newbie?

Thanks...

I changed your title.

For the red topic names hit refresh on your browser.  The style sheet had to get updated because I had a double doctype in my html.

MB

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Yay... thanks! I really appreciate this!

You get an applaud from me directly!

;D

I'm back..

Duke

I tried to send Darren a PM, but I have a sneaking suspicion it didn't work. If it did, Darren, please post here.

Thal
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/

Aggie

WOW. "View the most recent posts on the forum" makes reviewing the latest posts a snap.  This will make modding and smiting a breeze.
WWDDD?

Aggie

Getting a lot of "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." errors.  Including when I tried to edit this into the above post.  Any suggestions?

Oh, and "Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message." when trying to post.
WWDDD?

The Meromorph

Delete the Cookie and try again. (worked for me :P )
Dances with Motorcycles.

Aggie

It's hit-and-miss.  Sometimes a couple of previews clear it up (resets cookie?).
WWDDD?

ivor

Try using the forum outside of Joomla by going to toadfishmonastery.com/forum.  Sorry.  All this should be cleared up by this weekend.

MB

Aggie

Minor issues.  Glad we've got you to cover 'em!
WWDDD?

Aphos

I think this may be a recurring problem.  At least, I have heard other people complain of it...

The text box for the chat is black with black lettering...rather impossible to read.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

ivor

Try refreshing your browser.  If that doesn't work tell me what browser you are using.  That should have been corrected Sunday night.

MB

The Meromorph

Darren, I manually reset Al Dante's Password via the Administrator panel, and emailed it to him. It tells him "Password Incorrect".  ???
Dances with Motorcycles.

ivor

Does it still say that or did you fix it? Sorry.  I am a little slow today.  :wheelchair:

MB

The Meromorph

I did it again twice (from the Home page and from the Forum (???)
I've emailed him that one and he's gonna try again... :-\
Dances with Motorcycles.