News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpaca

The general problem: The shoutbox has multiple elements. One or more of these elements think that the calendar page is the homepage. One or more think that it isn't. Some things work, some things don't.

I'll work on it a bit. By the way, does the problem still occur if you go directly to the following url: http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=29

Edit: Okay, assuming that the above URL works fine, then the problem ought to be fixed.

Note for MB: Incredibly, incredibly nasty hard-coded hacking needed to fix. See calendar module's PHP file. Admin panel option didn't work the correct way.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

The shoutbox is gone from the calendar. Great work 'Paca!

I'm back..

Alpaca

That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

ivor

Sibling Chatty

When I go to Serious/Science and click "Great Speaking Cephalopods! Squid Language?" I get

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 72351744) (tried to allocate 131052 bytes) in /home/.lars/toadfish996/toadfishmonastery.com/components/com_smf/smf.class.php on line 341

I'm confuzzled. I'm USUALLY confuzzled though, so it's not uncomfortable or anything... :mrgreen:
This sig area under construction.

ivor

I've seen it also.  If you get that then just try again.  We only get 60Mb of ram with NightmareHost so if we go over something gets squashed.  It was you that time. 

Griffin NoName

Maybe we should all be rationed :ROFL:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Alpaca

MB, memory allocation errors were coming up for me a few days ago, too, but for different topics. Cephalopod topic wasn't posted yet.

I suspect it's either a shared hosting thing, or an "SMF-doesn't-clear-out-memory-after-use" thing for high traffic times.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

Theoretically it should just cause a wait or a nice message would be even better - patience, all your friends are overloading our system. My bets a mixture of bugs and those fancy things called "limitations" +/- one of Alpaca's guesses. Otherwise it would happen more, although that argument doesn't entirely wash with suddenly happening two times in a couple of days.....
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

Could be the change in bridges.  I'll check the cache settings.

Caching disabled.  It says right on it that if you have memory problems disable this feature bug.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on August 22, 2007, 12:13:45 AM
Caching disabled.  It says right on it that if you have memory problems disable this feature bug.

Yeh! Right! *

* has that phrase caught on in the US?
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

I can't download attachments (like Bluenose's above).

I get "page not found" and/or "unable to find server".

My settings are all set to allow downloads.

Anyone else got this problem?
Psychic Hotline Host