News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

There seems to be a problem with the calendar (or maybe it's just me).

The link on the left (above the logout button) says that the calendar is "disabled".

I can access it via the homepage, but it seems I am not able to make any modifications in it... I wanted to add Darlica's Birthday to the events.

Is it me, or is the calendar really disabled?

I'm back..

Alpaca

That's a Joomla-SMF issue.

Both Joomla and SMF offer a calendar. Since multiple calendars are a bit redundant, we use the Joomla calendar, not the SMF calendar.

The Joomla calendar can be accessed by hitting the "events" link on the left, nearer the top, outside of the forum-related "box." You can add and such from there.

In a bit, I'll look into editing or removing the SMF calendar link to avoid confusion.

Thanks!
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

It's weird. It appears that although I can access the calendar from the homepage (was able to do it earlier as well), it seems that I'm not really able to edit/add events.

Either I am blind and can't see the buttons that there have been earlier, or somehow I'm restricted from doing so.

(anyway, could someone add Darlica's and Pachy's birthdays to the calendar, so I don't forget it later, please?)

I'm back..

Alpaca

Ooh, I totally forgot I was supposed to do that.

Removed the dysfunctional SMF link, made the Joomla link up top read "Calendar."

Gotta run - don't have time to add birthdays. Will look into later.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

ivor

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on August 19, 2007, 01:23:20 AM
It's weird. It appears that although I can access the calendar from the homepage (was able to do it earlier as well), it seems that I'm not really able to edit/add events.

Either I am blind and can't see the buttons that there have been earlier, or somehow I'm restricted from doing so.

(anyway, could someone add Darlica's and Pachy's birthdays to the calendar, so I don't forget it later, please?)
If you'd like to try and do it yourself, just make sure you login from the home page.  You should be able to add the events.  Let me know if you have trouble.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I tried it several times. I always login via the homepage.

There's just no "add event" or "modify event" button for me. There was one some time ago, but there's none now.

Or I am blind...

I'm back..

ivor

Did you click on a calendar date?  There should be two links that look like "Add an Event" and "My Events" at the bottom of the main window of the calendar.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Here's what I get by clicking an event:

And here's the bottom of the page:

(sorry for the large size, but I couldn't get it smaller, as it got too small to recognize things)

I'm back..

ivor

I see that when I upgraded my configuration was lost.  Try it now and see what you get.

The next thing we should work on is your Shout box.  It doesn't look right.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

OK, Everything fine with the calendar now.

The shoutbox looks fine on the homepage, it looks like in the picture only when in the calendar.

I'm back..

ivor

Thanks for your help!

Alpaca, see how funny the Shout box looks on a calendar page?  The Shout box should only appear on the home page.  It appears that the calendar thinks it is on the home page.  I surmise this from the page title.  What do you think the problem is here?  I'm kinda befuddled.  ???

Alpaca

I'll hack around and see what I can come up with.

Edit: Okay, should be fixed. It was weird. Something's wrong with the calendar component, apparently. The link on the left was one of those nifty Joomla "link to component" things, but that link was trying to go to some malformed URL. Upon trying to fix it, I discovered that the events calendar wasn't in the list of available components.

Naturally, when confronted with a deeper problem like this, I did the only right thing - I circumvented it with a lame hack instead of fixing the root cause.  :mrgreen: The link is now a simple URL-based deal, and should work fine.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: AlpacaThe link is now a simple URL-based deal, and should work fine.

Well, I still get that weird shoutbox in the calendar...  :)

And  MB, I forgot to thank you for fixing my problem... Thanks...  :)

I'm back..

Alpaca

Interesting, Kiyo. You're going there from the link on the left, right? No bookmark or anything? Refresh and clear cache and all. After that, if the problem persists, post another screenshot, woncha?
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Did as you said, cleared cache etc, but the problem persists:

I access it via the homepage, the link on the right.

I've tried to ust the weird shoutbox and wrote something in it (it is possible to write in it). Pushing the send button, brought me back to the homepage, without the thing I've wrote appearing. The button "smileys" didn't bring any reaction. The "sound" button actually shut down the sound of the shoutbox and stayed that way in the homepage...

I'm back..