News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

I swapped templates (millenium earth) and now most of the links are buggered, I can't get to the shoutbox, and I can't see a template selector.  Help!
WWDDD?

ivor

You could delete all your cookies for the toadfishmonastery.

I can just remove the template.  I think I will cause that one stinks.  The only other one that sort of works is ja_avoir_ex I think.

Sorry folks.  I was working on upgrading the site.  I was hoping that I would get it all done before something bad happened.

Aggie

Thanks.  Cookies are easy but I didn't realise that'd be all it took.
WWDDD?

beagle

Darren,

Don't know if you're seeing it in the shout box, but Meromorph is saying he can't post due to session timeout.

I suggested he:
  Checked he had cookies enabled
  Checked his pc clock was right
  Cleared cookies and tried from scratch

or
  used Firefox with Live Headers extension to have a look at what was going on.

I don't think he was on to see the suggestions though, and he may not, or may not be able to, scroll back that far.

Hope they are sound suggestions (I'm a Microserf more than a php/Java type).

The angels have the phone box

ivor

The Meromorph

I had already done all those things (It wont let me logout (session error))
I just did them all again. If you get this post(this Time), it was Cookies...

And apparently, iIt was. 8)
Thank you for your help. :D
Dances with Motorcycles.

ivor

As soon as I get the style sheet straight this problem will go away.  Just a couple more days.

ivor

I did a little fixin' and it should be okay now.  I have to get my template issues fixed then everything will be fine.  I have to upgrade to Simple Machines forum RC3 and upgrade the Bridge to 1.1.6.  After that it'll be peachy. 

Let me know if anybody is having login issues now that I have republished the SMF header include mambot.  If you are still having issues get rid of your cookies and goto toadfishmonastery.com/forum and login.  If you still have problems after that let me know and I will work with you to fix it.

Sorry, but I was right in the middle of fixing things up when the "event" happened.  Anyways, a couple more days and it will all be straighted out and we'll have some color around here.

Thanks,
Darren

beagle

Thank you for devoting the time to the site...

and it's good to have Meromorph back ;D

Griffin NoName

Many thanks MentalBlock for rescuing me.

I was "logged in forever" - literally. Even shutting down and powering off and on my computer would not log me out of here.

Although I am delighted to be here, a life permanently locked into a Monastery is not quite what I am after.

I can now logout whenever I choose. Wonderful.

Even better, the site has speeded up and a host of other problems I was having with it have disappeared.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

MB,

An old friend of ours tried to register here as Aspitriglos, but now says

"Now I am in a total deadlock.
Can't log in because password is rejected.
Requested new passwords don't reach me.
New registration under other name is rejected because "There is already
one registered under that email address".
Could you try to find the site admin to delete that registration, so I can
try anew.
"
Could you clear it out please so he can retry? And maybe say so here so he can see it? 

Thanks very much.

ivor

Quote from: beagle on September 26, 2006, 04:30:56 PM
MB,

An old friend of ours tried to register here as Aspitriglos, but now says...

I deleted the account.  It looked normal.  The account was registered and activated.

MB

Aphos

Very odd.  I just had 3 or 4 pop-ups telling me I had a PM on this site, but no such PM was listed.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Dear MB,

I have this tiny problem...

All the topic names appear in red. It's not that I don't like it, but it's very difficult to read it on the dark background and it hurts my eyes a little.

And I'd like to ask something. Back in the Other Place I Won't Be Mentioning I had the title of Alcohol Boy, written under my name. I got vey used to it and I like it very much. What I wanted to ask you, is it possible to get this title, instead of the title of newbie?

Thanks...

I'm back..

beagle

Maybe MB should make sure you qualify by putting you through a certain drinking game test. Along the lines of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_Puff

but "Here's to the health of Cardinal Toadfish".