News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

User-Made Content

Started by Duke, November 18, 2006, 03:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

This might very well be an awful idea, but I thought it might not be an altogether terrible way if we had a section for content made by our Siblings, whether it be fiction, art, poems, articles, or inventions; anything like that. I know I have a thing or two to contribute.

Just putting that out there.

Duke
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/

Opsa

Glad to see you contributing to the forum again, Duke. I appreciate your humble approach to the suggestion of content.

A thread for creative presentations by owl, pirate and toadfish siblings might be a nice addition. Check through the existing threads to make sure there isn't all ready a place for it.

If not, by all means go ahead and set it up. Thought of a good title yet?

Duke

Quote from: Opsanus tau on November 19, 2006, 05:17:26 PM
Glad to see you contributing to the forum again, Duke. I appreciate your humble approach to the suggestion of content.

A thread for creative presentations by owl, pirate and toadfish siblings might be a nice addition. Check through the existing threads to make sure there isn't all ready a place for it.

If not, by all means go ahead and set it up. Thought of a good title yet?

I looked around, and I haven't found any such thread.

I suppose that the concept would work as a single thread, had it in mind as a board or sub-forum. That might be a little over-ambitious, but I've learned never to doubt the creative power of Toadfish...  ;D

Duke
--Black Adder

The Meromorph

I have created the Art Gallery in Open Water, for members original work...

Good idea, Duke. :D
Dances with Motorcycles.

Duke

Oh, huzzah! Thanks, Mero!  ;D

I'll be there shortly. :)

Duke
--Black Adder

ivor

Hi All,

I added a new menu item called "Sibling Things."  I can change the name if someone comes up with a better one. Anyway if you use the submit content menu item that is in the User Menu you can add new content to those menu items and others.  It's kind of like posting here but a little more complicated.  Don't worry about breaking anything, nobody will yell at you.  I'll just fix it and figure out what went wrong.

I installed the latest zoom gallery release candidate so the upload media menu item should be working better.

MB

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on December 10, 2006, 11:51:17 PM
Hi All,

I added a new menu item called "Sibling Things."  I can change the name if someone comes up with a better one. Anyway if you use the submit content menu item that is in the User Menu you can add new content to those menu items and others.  It's kind of like posting here but a little more complicated.  Don't worry about breaking anything, nobody will yell at you.  I'll just fix it and figure out what went wrong.

I installed the latest zoom gallery release candidate so the upload media menu item should be working better.

MB

Nice!

If you like alliteration, there's

sibling stuff
sibling's stuff
sibling semblance
sibling's suitcase
sibling's supplies

If you like the "luggage" synonym, there's a bunch of options:

sibling's baggage
sibling's carry-on
sibling's case
sibling's gear
sibling's impedimenta
sibling's jiffy bag
sibling's paraphernalia
sibling's suit [bag]
sibling's tote bag
sibling's trunk
sibling's valise

(bolded the ones I like--  :D )
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

ivor

Those are cool.  They are too long though.  I have a limited amount of space for the menu item.   :'(