News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish Siblings List

Started by Aphos, June 23, 2006, 05:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aphos

DD, or should I say, Sibling Chatty...

I am so glad you made it here.  I was afraid I was going to have to chase you down on the 'net.

Just to get it said, while I know you are relieved not to have to deal with the massive chore of admining the forum, I still think Bobby treated you very badly.  To do it the way he did, in public, with no tact what-so-ever...Well...

That said, let's move on to the new times here at the monastery.  May they be good ones.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

DaveL

We all love ya too Auntie!

I'm still considering my position, despite an initial pledge to stick around. It's reading the feelings of others here that have me zig-zagging about my involvement.

Chances are if Pirates gets up again, they won't have a freakin' clue what we are talking about.

Perhaps I could be happier here for a while.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Vita Curator

Hi, I just wanted to ask everyone to post both of your names here as I am still having difficulty figuring out who is who.

Second, I also am leaving "the other forum" for good.  It really has nothing to do with the direction that the forum might take, it has to do with honor.

What Bobby did was such a dishonorable thing.  I don't know how old he is, but I do not think that he is a very mature person.  His people, management and social etiquette skills are all sorely lacking.  As a manager or employer (even when those working for you are volunteers), it is your ethical duty to pull them quietly aside to reprimand or let them know that they have done something that you do not approve of. 

To reprimand Dee Dee in such a public, public way, on the internet of all things, where the whole world can read what you say, is unconscionable.  The man does not possess an iota of professionalism.

So, I feel, in my heart, that it is dishonorable to continue posting. I cannot in good conscience post in a forum run by someone with such little respect for others and without scruples.

Lastly, I want to thank you all for inviting me to join The Monastery last July and then voting in favor of my admission.   I am so glad that I have this place to come to as a refuge.  I can truly say that I like and respect you all and would never treat any of you in a dishonorable way, that is my vow to you.

Vita
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

beagle

Hi there. Beagle, also known as Sibling k9 reporting.
Made my feelings about the old world known elsewhere (very similar to those of Vita Curator), so on to the new...

The angels have the phone box

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Vita Curator on September 24, 2006, 05:55:35 PM
Hi, I just wanted to ask everyone to post both of your names here as I am still having difficulty figuring out who is who.
Shouldn't that apply to you too?
;) :D ;D :toadfish:

Sibling Zono aka Anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Vita Curator

Quote from: anon1mat0 on September 24, 2006, 07:42:25 PM
Quote from: Vita Curator on September 24, 2006, 05:55:35 PM
Shouldn't that apply to you too?
;) :D ;D :toadfish:

Sibling Zono aka Anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

Mea Culpa.  Vita Curator aka Shooting Star aka Katherine aka Kathy aka Kath aka Katydid (only a few people are allowed to call me that).  I also have been know to answer to "Hey You" on occasion. 

Are those enough names for you? :D
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Hey, You, Yes!
;D ;D ;D

(I'm going to put it on my signature...)

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I've put my name before, but I will update it...

It's singidunum, aka Singie, aka Sibling Kiyoodle the Gambrinous, also known as Alcohol Boy, or hearing to the name Jan... I can even post a picture... But I don't want all the people here fall in love with me immediately... ;)

(sorry about that, I've been drinking a little, and think it's funny...)

I'm back..

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on September 24, 2006, 09:52:42 PM
I can even post a picture... But I don't want all the people here fall in love with me immediately.
I could too, but I am not so sure I would get that kind of results...

Redandgreybeard

The old scurvy fleet disciplinary board proceedings will be my peneultimate post. Dee Dees' trial is going to be a wee bit of fun. So far she's been possesed by a demon, FSM; while on a derelict ship abandoned by the Captain Bobby (Bad Dick). While looking after a bunch of waifs. Don't know how many are still reading the FSM site' but if you have ideas, send them. Steve

beagle

Ahoy or avast there RedAndGreyBeard  (always get those two confused, a bit like port and starboard).

Glad to have you aboard.  Darren is probably down in the bilge nailing a spinnaker to a vertical gudgeon pin or something, but I'm sure he'd want to say hi.

The angels have the phone box

Opsa

I'm so glad people are finding their way here. Welcome!

We aim to try to talk about the old place as seldom as possible, here, but I understand that it's been quite a shock for some of us and we may need a period of time to get it out of our systems, first.

I'm not interested in warring with them, but rather in building in another direction. The monastery was using humbleness as a way to converse without getting too much ego in the way toward a (Dee Dee Inspired) mindset of religious tolerance and open philosophy. When the other place decided to take a turn, we simply decided to continue on our way independently.

Aphos

Wehn I get some time, I am going to compile what is here and make a list of names, old and new.  Nice to see people making it here.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Outis the Unready

Quote from: Opsanus tau on September 25, 2006, 05:51:14 PM
We aim to try to talk about the old place as seldom as possible, here, but I understand that it's been quite a shock for some of us and we may need a period of time to get it out of our systems, first.

Try not to think of a strawberry! (giggle)
today is a new day! What shall we all discuss, what's it the news? Current events? Religion, the weather?

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Griffin NoName

I seem to be registered here twice - as Griffin and as NoName. I will resist the inclination to register a third time as Lord Cap'n Treadmill Bart Snr. Cllr. Saint

Hmmm St, JB ??? anyone
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand