News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish Siblings List

Started by Aphos, June 23, 2006, 05:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aphos

I have gotten to know several of my siblings screen names being used in the monastery, but not every one's.  So I thought I would start a thread where all could announce themselves, and also learn who everyone else is.  So I'll start...

Hi, I am Aphos, AKA Aphos the Mathematical, AKA Poincare's Stepchild.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Alright...

Hi, I'm Kiyoodle the Gambrinous, and I am an alcoholic... Ooops, wrong place, my AA meeting is tomorrow. Anyway, I'm also known as singidunum.

Ok... What more can I say? :)

I'm back..

Opsa

Yo ho! I am Sir Francis Drake, known in the monastery as Opsanus tau (latin name for Oyster toadfish). But you can call me Opas! :toadfish:

Sibling Chatty

Auntie Dee Dee here, AKA Sibling Chatty.
This sig area under construction.

The Meromorph

The Meromorph a.k.a. Sibling Quasimodo
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous, aka boghog, here.

johngalt

Sibling Alchemical, reporting for duty.
"Giving up is what kills people. It's only when you refuse to give up that you truly transcend your human self." Alucard, Hellsing by Kouta Hirano

Damnant quadnon intelligunt - They condemn what they do not understand.

Sibling Alchemical

Opsa

Hey, Duje! Glad someone's reporting for duty. This place needs usage.

Griffin NoName

Griffin NoName wandering around
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Bob the Unbeliever here as well as there, allthough I went by the name of Humming Toadfish in the FSM HOT sanctuary.

(I had not chosen that name, when I activated membership here.)

Edit:  NOW, it properly shows me as Humming Toadfish ... Yaaay! *

(I thought I had set it up here as that moniker ... :)  )

* and all it took was a simple log-out & in.  THANKS goes to Meromorph!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Vita Curator

Hello!  Sibling Vita Curator here, also known as Shooting Star.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zonotrichia Capensis or Sibling Zono for short.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

DaveL

Blessings Siblings.

It's Sibling MIDL (Most Inspired DaveL), also known as DaveL. SOOO glad to be in the sanctuary right now. My former FSM world has gone insane and I'm not sure what to do.

If I stay in FSM land, I'll be forcing myself to interact with a bunch of people who have done much wrong, despite reassurances.

However, maybe I can build some bridges, for time does heal all wounds. 

We must finish writing our scriptures. 

Peace
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Outis the Unready

You are braver than I.

Kat, aka Kat, aka Kat, aka Sibling Outis.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Sibling Chatty

Hi MIDL.

Do continue the work on the scriptures...Solipsy and FT worked so many hours on all of that, and i'd hate fer it to go the way of the Dodo.

As to the forums, I wish the forums well. I hope there's not a degeneration into the kind of stuff the hatemail has. We were, supposedly, supposed to be 'better than that' 9Bobby's statement, not mine) and to avoid the extremes against people of faith. (Any faith. My tendency was to give Christian bashing much less attention that Islami, Jewish or other faith bashing, but...you never know what's the important thing about a faith until someone tells you. Rots of religions, little discussion, because it turns rancorous so fast.)

Contrary to what Bobby's been saying, I quit for HIS good, and for the good of the forums. I've been doing on-line forums/BBS since he was in middle school, and i've seen more of these that he'll ever know. The manner in which he did what he did (not responding to 90% of my questions, rarely responding AT ALL since the beginning, then saying nothing to me, putting up his little declaration and telling his untruths) was totally destructive to my being able to do a THING to help the transition.

Had he told me what his concerns were and what he wanted to do, I could have stepped down with the truth--my health is more important to me that the forums, and it's not getting any better. (I've been trying to engage him in dialogue for...7 months? Since the book came out. I've wanted out, but smoothly, and I needed his THOUGHTFUL input, not a kneejerk reaction.) And, having seen the screenshot of the 'new management'...Cardinal Quequeeg!! In all his glory...well, imagine that.

I'm not going to pretend that it was a total shock, I know something was up. I'd hoped that Bobby would finally communicate. Ha...not a chance. One of the members (practicing psychiatrist) claims that he's passive aggressive to the max, and i'd say that's a fair assessment. I don't need that, and neither does anyone else. Between Gene's (Cardinal Quequeeg) own little quirks and Bobby's passive aggressiveness, i'd say that Capellini's in for a tough time. I hope she puts herself in front of the needs of the forum, especially her education. She's got a lot to contribute to the world, and doesn't need the drag on her time that the forum can be.

Gene's also fairly P/A, and a little too assured that he's right. About everything. He's a doctor, you know... ::)

So, Bobby's finally 'normalized' the front page of the forum and stopped threatening me with 'legal action' for something that he's hallucinating, as far as i'm concerned. He needs to move on, as I have, and I need to thank everybody who has supported me. If I were upset, it would be a great comfort, but all I am is relieved. At this stage of my life, and with these medical problems, it's one less pain in my butt, and I need all the no-butt-pains I can get.

I love you guys, I appreciate the support, and I want y'all to lay off Bobby. He's a 26 year old slacker, and as the guy who wanted an interview said "He could be doing this to cause controversy, since there is none in his meme anymore." And I just said "whatever." Bobby's forum, Bobby's erroneous statements, Bobby's foolishness in blaming me for the forums being down (forums are cyclical) yet being all pissy about my publicizing the forums by posting elsewhere with my name and identity. (I've never used a fake ID on the web, and I won't now. What is his problem?)

And if you bought anything from Ring of Fire, Cafe Press or one of the book order sites, Bobby claims to have a list of e-mail addresses from which merchandise was ordered. This is against the privacy provisions by which internet sellers are supposed to work. Be aware of  that. It's your privacy that he's claiming to have invaded with the help of these people.

My mailbox is open, i'm not changing e-addresses for anybody. And as far as what Bobby has to say...let him. He's not my problem any more. Thank whatever God or Gods/deities that one prefers, Bobby's someone else's headache.

Finito. There's a future out there. I'm moving onward and trending toward relaxed for the first time in a long time.

DD
This sig area under construction.