News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Applause?

Started by Bluenose, October 24, 2006, 08:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

I can't see the applaud/smite buttons any more.  Is there a problem, or have they been removed? Or is there something wrong with my browser?

BTW, I was going to applaud Bob the Unbeliever for showing me the Brightness.

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

goat starer

I hope they have been removed! Somebody smote me!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

There is a discussion about the issue, over in the members' section.

It seems that some folk objected to the smiting option.  No one seemed to mind the applause, though. <grin>

Final policy not decided, but at present, the function has been disabled for now.

Keep watching! :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

If you have an opinion on the matter, please discuss it here.

Some suggestions include changing it to an all-positive kharma thing (applause/hug?), or a more playful negative (such as *smack!*). The anonymous smites may have been less than humble. But they were humbling. ::)

Bluenose

To be honest, I like the idea of applauding people.  Can we not have it without the smite?

I suspect that it is possible that the odd smite that has been received could be a result of a misguided click.  I know I once clicked by accident on the report to moderator link, of course I did not go beyond that as I did not actually see anything that warranted reporting.  But the applause/smite thing is a one click is all it takes type thing, so an accidental click on the wrong option could do it.

Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

I have a habit of accidentally reporting my own posts to myself on another forum :)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: NoName on October 25, 2006, 04:09:43 AM
I have a habit of accidentally reporting my own posts to myself on another forum :)

But do you do anything to yourself about it, or just give yourself a good talking to?? ;D ;D ;D
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

Comrades! humble toadfish do not need applause and smiting worries them not.

If you want to be real toadfish do away with stars, smiting, applause, memberships and embrace eauality and humility wholeheartedly. These things would be fine for an order of the CATfish (preening self important mob that they would be) but are an anachronistic elitist capitalist expression of pride and greed here!

The Toadfish have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

Toadfish of all countries, unite!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Aggie

WWDDD?

goat starer

libersea, eauality, Spraternity

these are the watchwords of the Toadfish

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Opsa

Good ones, Goatie. When we open for novices next week i hope you'll apply.

goat starer

I believe I may! wher is the right place to post about pelicans? I guess I will try somewhere and you can move it.

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara