News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Memos for MentalBlock (our tech)

Started by Opsa, June 12, 2006, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Hey, MB!

First, let me thank you again for putting this site here. With Venganza down it has kept us in touch.

A couple of Siblings are having problems logging on. They are:

NoName (Griffin)

Coelaca (Teripie)

Could you please check this out? Maybe we need clearer instructions.

Opsa

Check that! They finally both got in. But Aphos would like his Toadname to appear in the forum instead of his other name.

May I respectfully request that Aggie and I be made Admins in here?  We had quite a time trying to fix things before NoName got in. (Not that I'd know what the heck I was doing, but I'd try!)

AphosTheMathematical

Darren...

One suggestion for the home page...List the members who are online.  I haven't been able to figure out a way to tell who is here other than going to the message board and asking.

Also...at the bottom of the forum page, where it lists who is on the forum, it puts my real name rather than my screen name.  Weird, I went to details and change my name to my FSM screen name, but the forum still shows my real name.  I would appreciate if you could fix that...even if I have to re-register.

Thanx

ivor

Ahhh!  I guess there are multiple places to change this.

For the Joomla side, change your info at User Menu|Your Details.

For Simple Machines Forum, click on your profile and then click on Account Related Settings.  Change the "Name" field to be what ever you want.

Your profile should be available from the bottom of the forum.

Thanks,
Darren

AphosTheMathematical

Darren...

I was not logged in, but when I entered the monastery, it showed my name as logged in.  Just thought you should know.

ivor

It's probably something to do with SMF and Joomla being separate but integrated.  I'll look into it when I get the chance.

The Real Name issue I think is a Joomla-SMF issue.  I am going to upgrade it when I get the shout box working on Joomla 1.0.9.  Should have that done by this weekend.

MB

ivor

Aphos

Hi Darren...

Well, after you "erased" my old registration, it still showed it when I came online, but seemed to have lost my password.

I re-registered as "Aphos", but it wouldn't let me login.  It kept sending me a message that my login was blocked and to contact admin.

Not sure just what I tried, but it finally let me login.  But I still come up as a guest on the monastery home page.

Hope this info helps.  Good luck getting things fixed.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

ivor

Hmmm.  I will check it out.

Also I accidently removed the color from the front page and don't seem to be able to put it back,  :'(

ivor

Quote from: Aphos on June 14, 2006, 07:15:14 PM
Hi Darren...

Well, after you "erased" my old registration, it still showed it when I came online, but seemed to have lost my password.

I re-registered as "Aphos", but it wouldn't let me login.  It kept sending me a message that my login was blocked and to contact admin.

Not sure just what I tried, but it finally let me login.  But I still come up as a guest on the monastery home page.

Hope this info helps.  Good luck getting things fixed.

I see what it is.  Always login from the home page not the forum.  If you forget your password go back to the home page and try again.

If you are currently logged in and you have a "Guest" shout box name then log out and log back on from the home page.

Thanks,
DD

ivor

ivor

Opsa

Ooh! I just noticed our little Karmic brownie points feature under our names. On each post you can tag "applaud" or "smite" to vote on the post. Just for fun I gave everyone who posted in roll call a karmic +1. (Unfortunatley we can't pump up our own karma! ;))

ivor

Opsa

My brownies are happier now! Thank you.

I tried to give you more karmic points, but was told I must wait an hour before bestowing any more. This is messing with my sense of zen.