News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Search Puzzle

Started by Griffin NoName, August 21, 2008, 12:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

ITV have their own catchup service I believe.  Obviously one doesn't have it oneself, but one's butler sometimes lets one watch his.
The angels have the phone box

Black Bart

Quote from: beagle on September 02, 2008, 09:32:57 PM
ITV have their own catchup service I believe.  Obviously one doesn't have it oneself, but one's butler sometimes lets one watch his.

Practising for 'Talk like a Landlubber day eh matey?
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

beagle

One learnt how to talk proper at one's Secondary Modern. One has CSEs in English Language, Sociology, Under-Age Drinking and Ram-Raiding.

Griffin NoName

Sounds like one too many to me.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: beagle on September 03, 2008, 05:44:28 PMRam-Raiding.

Not that the Lavington boys* didn't have a certain reputation, but we stuck to ewes. ;) :sheep:

*I grew up about 15 km east of the closest city - things got more redneck as one went east.  Friends of mine who went west towards town for high school were considered rednecks (and sheep shaggers, due to a highly visible sheep farm at the turnoff from the highway), I went east for high school and was less redneck than the majority.  East of the town I went to high school in, it crosses over from redneck to hillhippy.
WWDDD?

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 03, 2008, 06:28:17 PM

Even in those days it was impossible to fail Sociology. The school made everyone do it so everyone had at least one exam.

Is Canada twinned with Wales?

Black Bart

Quote from: beagle on September 03, 2008, 09:06:49 PM

Even in those days it was impossible to fail Sociology. The school made everyone do it so everyone had at least one exam.

Yep, Canada, New Zealand and Wales are Triplets.  We're shortly holding a summit (hopefully not in Cardiff) to discuss how best to respond to sheep jokes.

Aggie

Not generally - there are all manner of farms in BC (the one sheep farm was just rather visible), but few lads with the fortitude to tackle an ostrich.  Icelandic ponies or fallow deer are fairer game. ;) 

To be honest, we did the most trespassing at the ginseng farms (which may also explain a few things ::) ).  Less risky than trespassing on the other 'herb' plantations, which are located further east around Cherryville (as mentioned before, we have hillhippies instead of hillbillies).

Giving it a google, it appears that "ginseng jumping" is a highly regional activity - lots of fun, though.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Black Bart on September 04, 2008, 04:24:17 PM

Yep, Canada, New Zealand and Wales are Triplets.  We're shortly holding a summit (hopefully not in Cardiff) to discuss how best to respond to sheep jokes.

Empirical?

Aggie's ginseng jumping sounds more fun.
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

Quote from: beagle on September 03, 2008, 05:44:28 PM
One learnt how to talk proper at one's Secondary Modern. One has CSEs in English Language, Sociology, Under-Age Drinking and Ram-Raiding.

Leave out the English Language and I do believe we went to the same school.

The underage drinking had the worst psychological effect on me though...I still can't drink cider after thirty five years.

beagle

Whatever happened to those fabulous cocktails of Carlsberg Special and Cider
(also known as "twenty minutes out of Dover" )?

Do you remember the "PBAB (not cider) parties..."?

It's nostalgia hour...

Griffin NoName

I am not nostalgic for babysham, port and lemon, or Cherry B's :(  women knew their place and drank women's drinks
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 05, 2008, 07:34:01 PM

I am not nostalgic for babysham, port and lemon, or Cherry B's :(  women knew their place and drank women's drinks

I think you're confusing the drink with the popular beat combo band.  My granny drank Guinness. And lived to 96. A moral on healthy diet there I think.

Griffin NoName

My mouther drank stout when pregnant with me. Does that explain anything?
Psychic Hotline Host