News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

computard

Started by rumblemonk, October 09, 2006, 04:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

You may be looking for something like this. Cup, floppy disk, and coffee spillage.

It's a fake. I've had it on my desk in every job I've been in for years. It fools everyone. The number of people who have gasped, rushed over to it, only to pick it up, coffee spill and all !!!  In one job, someone senior to me and nightmare boss to many people, just looked at me in utter disgust after seeing it and went to leave the room. When I picked it up, I was in even worse trouble. Hard to amuse some.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: NoName on October 22, 2006, 02:42:42 AM
You may be looking for something like this. Cup, floppy disk, and coffee spillage.

It's a fake. I've had it on my desk in every job I've been in for years. It fools everyone. The number of people who have gasped, rushed over to it, only to pick it up, coffee spill and all !!!  In one job, someone senior to me and nightmare boss to many people, just looked at me in utter disgust after seeing it and went to leave the room. When I picked it up, I was in even worse trouble. Hard to amuse some.

I suppose it's a fine example of dissing a little frog who is king of a tiny pond.

It may be only a tiny pond, but that little frog NEEDS to be 'in charge' of something, in order to justify it's existance/behavior.

Sometimes, ya just gotta say 'yes boss' and keep yer eyes on the exit - YOU'LL be somewhere better, some day, but that frog will STILL be sitting in a tiny, stinking little mud-puddle. <heh>
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)