News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Search Function

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, December 21, 2007, 10:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Is there a way we can make it easier to use? I was looking for a particular thread, and the darn thing won't pull up the thread, even though I typed in the name of it. Or as much of it as was allowed.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

The search functions with all these types of forums are not very good.

The best way is to type in the most unusual word contained in what you are looking for.

Theoretically you can use * as a wildcard in case of not being sure of the spelling Cha*y would find Chatty and Chaty and Chavvy etc. But I have never ever managed to make a wildcard search work even though it says they are allowed.

We are stuck with what we've got. There's nothing we can do to improve the search as is. I don't know whether it's possible to integrate a different search engine; probably not. This is the drawback of free software.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Ah. Well, so much for that.
Thanks Griff.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

If you want to PM me detail of what you want to find I'll have a go for you - I can usually force the search engine to do my bidding.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Nah. I don't even remember why I wanted that thread.

Thanks though! :mrgreen:

Swatopluk

I suspect that the search engine is only looking downwards from the folder you are in, when you start the search. So in any case one should be on the root level when looking for something (still not very successful).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.