News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

An apparently serious survey.

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, August 11, 2008, 04:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

http://www.evolutionsurvey.com/

It only takes a few minutes to fill out.  You can opt to have your e-mail in the end, to receive the results.

I didn't like the limited choices on some of the questions, but it's apparently a serious attempt to gather information.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

I filled out the whole thing, put in an email address and got the "Sorry- you didn't fill everything out that was required!" I didn't bother starting over.

Still, it was an interesting excercise.

goat starer

who made it? Will they track me down and kill me for blasphemy?

i feel a little treacherous but i could not resist putting flying spaghetti monster (pastafarian) as my religion.

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Opsa

It was pretty well done as far as trying to be neutral, but I thought that there weren't enough options in that one on the question of the origin and development of life and humans. None of those were quite what I believe.

Swatopluk

Especially the deus otiosus option is missing (creavit et abiit, he started* it and then went away)

*to avoid the literal "created" here.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Well that was easy. Yes, yes, yes, No, No or something like that.

I especially value the randomness of such surveys. I bet Joe Bloggs has done it thousands of times - will they apply the correct statistical correction for this?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

If it's a government one then more people will have passed this year.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on August 12, 2008, 07:34:18 AM
If it's a government one then more people will have passed this year.

Passed?  You mean passed over into that great evolutionary space in the sky where spirits evolve?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

Quote from: Swatopluk on August 11, 2008, 05:53:45 PM
Especially the deus otiosus option is missing (creavit et abiit, he started* it and then went away)

*to avoid the literal "created" here.

where did he go? This is terrible news.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Opsa

He went on a drinking binge, I heard.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay