News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pot Calling the Kettle Black

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, September 07, 2008, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Cheney, of all people, is the last person in the US allowed to bash anyone for brutality.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Yeah, I heard that on NPR today.

:irony:  :irony:  :irony:  :irony:  :irony:  :irony:  :irony:  :irony:

:brainbleech:
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That isn't an accident. What Cheney & friends want is another cold war with Russia to justify the heavy spending on the military industry. For the past 8 years they have systematically tried to demonize China and paint it as The Enemy but the fact of them owning a large portion of the US debt has prevented Cheny & Co. to convince everybody else on the wisdom of a more direct confrontation. Now Cheney goes to stir Ukraine because he knows that a large portion of the population is ethnic Russian and any civil war will be the perfect excuse to realign old missiles while a revamp on the US arsenal is paid by the taxpayer.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

Exactly, wouldn't the US be pissed if Russia installed a puppet government in Mexico?  You know they would.

Swatopluk

I hear Russia is doing some negotiations with Cuba at the moment with the clear intent to annoy the US.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

ivor

Yup. They are retaliating for our rebuild of the Georgian military.

We gotta get the war pigs out of office.

Griffin NoName

The trouble with posturing is when to stop.

Rule Number One = Do Not learn anything from history***

Quote from: Gavrilo Princip
"I am a Yugoslav nationalist, aiming for the unification of all Yugoslavs, and I do not care what form of state, but it must be free from Austria."

Anyone checked whether there are any Archduke's around still?

*** unfortunately history is an inexact science

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a lighter note, I always enjoy badly constructed english in wiki.

Quote from: Wikipedia
To avoid capture, Čabrinović swallowed a cyanide pill and jumped into the River Miljacka to make sure he died. The cyanide pill was very old and made him vomit and the River Miljacka was only 4 inches deep. A few seconds later he was hauled out and detained by police.

How much vomit does it take to achieve death in seconds in a 4 inch deep river?

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Quote from: Griffin NoName
On a lighter note, I always enjoy badly constructed english in wiki.

Quote from: Wikipedia
To avoid capture, Čabrinović swallowed a cyanide pill and jumped into the River Miljacka to make sure he died. The cyanide pill was very old and made him vomit and the River Miljacka was only 4 inches deep. A few seconds later he was hauled out and detained by police.

How much vomit does it take to achieve death in seconds in a 4 inch deep river?

Also, what is the optimal proximity from the police when attempting suicide by 4" deep river?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677