News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

New Kitty!

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, July 22, 2015, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

As many of you know, I lost my 17 year old Galileo a little more than a week ago.  I was grieving and headed into depression.  So, yesterday, I went down and got a new Kitty.  They called him the unimaginative "Smokey" but I'll come up with something more clever, as his personality comes out.

Here he is:

Edit:  .... meh... I cannot get this stupid SMF thing to accept a photo from my computer, for some odd reason, and I have totally forgot how I did it in the past...

If you want to see the new kitty's face?  You'll have to go to Facebook, where I have a couple.   Sorry about that.

Hmmm... how about a direct link to Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156678921703125&set=a.10151374550248125.533160.686733124&type=1&theater
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I'm sorry if someone doesn't have facebook, they won't be able to see--but anyone else, there he is.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

I don't have the Facebox, but congrats on the new kitty! 

Incidentally, if it's up on the web already, you might be able to do an image link using the url of the photo.  Not sure if this applies to Facebook photos.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Hey Bob!

Click Reply button.

Type message.

Scroll down and click "Attachment" button.

Use browse button to find image on your computer.

Make sure image is no bigger than 1024 KB.

Click Post.

~~~~
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

A Russian Blue ! I have only seen one other , it had a wonderful disposition .
My best bud Fritz met a cruel fate over a year ago , i still weep at times when i think of him .
I posted a rant on FB about it some months agoand dare not repeat it else i will likely rage and go to water again .

I also have new furry friend , Larry was rescued by a previous roomies of mine . They were out for a stroll when they happened across someone carrying a wee ginger tabby which was about three weeks old .
He was smuggled into my condoin a rucksack and promptly dumped on me .
The rescuer asked me to hold onto him untill
he could beg a ride to the shelter but anyone could see through that lie .
I find it difficult to believe that he believed me to be so DUHHHHHHHH .
I told him he could stay for a few hours and will expect him back that evening .
But my tenant came that evening and wanted to keep him if i had no objections .
I said i didn't if he would take care of him and not leave me as his primary caregiver , he said of course not .
I did not want a cat , this building has a no pet policy and i signed line agreeing to such , also another cat is a bitter reminder of the grief of losing Fritz .
Fritz was about 18 years old with a terrible skin ailment but otherwise he was a happy guy content to be with friends and a comfy place to nap.

Larry is perhaps fours months old now , he is getting long and slinky , his mackeral markings are now very pronounced . He lives to play , i can't have a meal in piece or have a beverage without him wanting a sample ( i didn't realize some cats like tea ) .
I am covered in scars and punctures from when i am going about my kitchen chores ( he jumps on me and clings to clothing or flesh ) wanting to have a look at what i'm doing .
After i have a shower he climbs on my back and clings to my scalp as he licks the fur on my head dry . When i pick him up he nuzzles my chin and licks my face while drooling all over me.
He is also my new alarm clock .
His owner works long hours and many weekends , my other tenant only thinks about his next drink , as a result Larry is on me like a leech unless he is sleeping . I have become very fond of the little terror .

Now that i mentioned my room mates , of whom i have known for many years , i have a post that go to the addictions thread ( if and when i can find it ) .
I need your collective insights and opinions about dealing with one of the worst alcohlics i have ever come across and i thought that i had seen them all .

Griffin NoName

I'm not into pets of any kind which is a great issue for me - I mean I really wish I was. I know that a cat would be amazing company in my isolated life as well as cheering me up (not a dog as  I couldn't walk it). But I can't face being responsible/vet fees/care etc it is hard enough just getting through a day.

Can't advise on the alcoholic. Depends in what way he is the worst. I avoid them where I can as very unpleasant. I have one friend who drinks too much and drink drives. We meet in the pub and he says he will pick me up (in his car) and I say no, more on won't support danger to others than scared.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand