News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My MSc

Started by Griffin NoName, November 08, 2014, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I have got my MSc with Merit.

Can't quite believe it.

Also, have been awarded a prize for being Best Part Time Student (given personal circumstances) in the department.

Can't believe that at all.

I got a very low mark for the dissertation due to mistakes I agree with, but also and maybe more, due to total misguidance by my supervisor on two very major points. If I had stuck to what I knew, and ignored her, I would have a considerably higher mark, so very pissed off with her. I don't know what planet she lives on. I wish I had had the confidence to ignore her advice which I kind of knew was wrong, but I didn't, because she was a Senior Lecturer and I assumed she knew her stuff. She didn't. Thank goodness it was at least a pass.

Anyway, that aside, my course director says I can still publish if I apply the markers' observations. It will be a lot of work to replace all the stuff that is wrong due to the supervisor, but I still feel like it ought to be published as it is an original finding. Don't know if healthwise I am up to doing more work on it though.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Huzzah!  Good work!!
:balloons: :kisshands: :fireworks_fire: :fireworks_spread: :fireworks_smile: :stars:
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Think about all the times you thought you wouldn't pull it off and consider the size of your victory.

Time to publish, I say.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Thanks for cheers everyone.

Zono, I've still so much to do - de-cluttering, possibly moving - I am not sure I can put in the work needed. On the other hand, I do feel strongly about my findings and want them out there. But yes, I "ought" to publish :)

And you are so right, I had so many down times when it just seemed impossible. I just wish the effort that it took had been in doing it the right way, so there would not need to be not just rewrite but re-research to publish. The memory of the effort having to be repeated to publish is as daunting as it was first time around.

Still, if anyone had forecast I would have a masters degree a few years ago, I would not have believed them.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Having 'finished' a major project earlier this year (with a bit of finishing work left), I'd say give yourself a little bit of time to luxuriate in being done, and you'll likely want to get back to it in a few months.  Putting more pressure on yourself to rush to publishing might lead to more procrastinating and a lot more worrying.  That's me, anyways.... 

I'm also in the process of de-cluttering, re-packing and considering a move in the spring, so here's some  :goodvibes: to help you with that!
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Thanks Aggie. I am definitely not touching it for now. I've far too much other things to catch up on. On the other hand, it is a hot topic, someone else may publish on a similar vein any time, so I am a little concerned about that.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Well done Griff.  We all knew you could do it, and you've proved us right!  Bravo!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Darlica

Belated congratulations!

and...

:fireworks_fire: Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! :fireworks_fire:

You Did It! :D

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Darlica!! So very good to see you. I have missed you. I hope life is good.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Today I graduate in absentia. It also happens to be my grandson's very first Birthday*.

technically his second, but for some reason we don't count like that
Psychic Hotline Host

Darlica

Congratulations to you and your grand son!

:stars: :stars: :stars:
:selfhug:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

:D Congraduations! :D

:YaY: :pinkelephant: :badger: :stars: :goodjob:

You made it!  Big hugs for sticking in there, Griffin!
WWDDD?